Home

Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care)

This is a discussion on Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2016, 01:43 AM   #33
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care)

I knew about the same hairstyles, but is it confirmed that we have the same faces, limited 1 body type and lack of tattoos for CAP again?!?

There's a sinking feeling inside-eh...

https://youtu.be/INXAe5I42CM?t=15s (how do you embed video??)

It blows my mind that CAP has been so neglected for all these years, considering how important created / generated players are to facilitate the MyCAREER and MyLEAGUE modes to look realistic.

Editing draft classes and watching the unique players you've created go to work within the MyLEAGUE / MyGM sandbox is the most fun thing in video gaming for me, across the board. That experience was legitimately more fun for me back in 2k12 days. Faces were just as weird back then too but you could at least use body types, muscle definitions and tattoos to make players look unique. I thought CAP would be better in 2k17 surely! I've been so patient for so many years!

I feel genuine sadness right now lol

The art department of the 2k team is way behind, relative to their other departments.

Could we maybe start a petition to get some player editing options patched in?

Last edited by Barncore; 09-03-2016 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Trying to get video embed to work
Old 09-03-2016, 02:00 AM   #34
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care)

Man, given the choice between 3D sneakers and a revamped & realistic looking player creation system, i would choose CAP every day of the week.

Am i completely crazy or wouldn't everyone prefer that??

Oh but wait, buying shoes online generate revenue... Oh i get it...
Old 09-03-2016, 02:43 AM   #35
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
I knew about the same hairstyles, but is it confirmed that we have the same faces, limited 1 body type and lack of tattoos for CAP again?!?

There's a sinking feeling inside-eh...

https://youtu.be/INXAe5I42CM?t=15s (how do you embed video??)

It blows my mind that CAP has been so neglected for all these years, considering how important created / generated players are to facilitate the MyCAREER and MyLEAGUE modes to look realistic.

Editing draft classes and watching the unique players you've created go to work within the MyLEAGUE / MyGM sandbox is the most fun thing in video gaming for me, across the board. That experience was legitimately more fun for me back in 2k12 days. Faces were just as weird back then too but you could at least use body types, muscle definitions and tattoos to make players look unique. I thought CAP would be better in 2k17 surely! I've been so patient for so many years!

I feel genuine sadness right now lol

The art department of the 2k team is way behind, relative to their other departments.

Could we maybe start a petition to get some player editing options patched in?

Yeah, you would think a feature that is so vital to the 2 most important modes in this game, MyLeague/GM and MyPlayer or My Career whatever its called now, I only play MyLeague, would be something that the devs of the game would put more time and effort into improving. CAP feature is definitely something that they are way behind on. Really thought once the jump was made to these new consoles we'd have CAP's that look lifelike, buts its not happened yet. I do still marvel at what some of these DC makers can do with such a limited CAP.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 03:33 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

After working far too long on a '16 draft class with all actual players (it's called DraftExpress 2016 Top 100 if anyone is curious) I had mentally jotted down some of the shortcomings of creating players/draft classes. Body type is probably the number one issue, as the OP summed up very well. Increasing or decreasing weight does nothing... Take three guys from this year's draft with 3 widely differing body types - Zhou Qi (twig), Ben Bentil (chiseled) and Diamond Stone (somewhat soft/flabby). Yet all 3 will look far too similar creating them in 2k as far as their bodies go.

There are obviously a few other things, no tattoos, a height limit (Qi can't be created with his real height for example), some quirks with setting an age and having it stick. Also some haywire logic in ML that causes 2nd round type prospects from custom draft classes to end up progressing high into the first round of mock drafts, even with accurate attributes and overall "potential" grade. The 1st mock will be on point (found out that badges can really affect the first mock draft order), but after that it's a crapshoot to some extent.

Definitely agree with OP though, a lot of good points. Hopefully something they will take a look at going forward (if it hasn't already been tweaked for '17). Would also be cool if CAP was within MyLeague, in case in the middle of your season someone unforeseen ends up on a team that isn't in the free agents.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited by redux1000; 09-03-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:47 AM   #37
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

I love the 2K games but as I am mostly a MyLeague player i have to agree that they need to do something about this. I always look forward to EmbraceThePace his draft classes and Brian Mazique his legend roster but can you imagine what they could do with a better CAP tool, but yeah more hairstyles (could easily be patched in just give us the real players hair to start with), body types which are in the game because your myplayer has them, and come on give us tattoos they are in the game why not let us use them for CAP ? I hope they can do something with a patch.

Last edited by CyberOps; 09-03-2016 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #38
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGuru88
But this is NOT a priority at the very least because NOBODY cares. Get over it
Nobody cares? Are you literally out of your mind? Roster makers, draft class creators, guys who like to play with classic rosters and real draft classes care.

This is the most asinine comment I've ever seen on OS. And I've seen more than a few.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 03:35 PM   #39
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Nobody cares? Are you literally out of your mind? Roster makers, draft class creators, guys who like to play with classic rosters and real draft classes care.

This is the most asinine comment I've ever seen on OS. And I've seen more than a few.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
But he's a Guru.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:01 AM   #40
Rookie

An overhauled CAP was one of my wants this year. It makes no sense to me why 2ks is so freaking awful. Every generated player looks like a random colored caveman

Very disappointing when it shouldn't be too much to ask. Literally every other game has a better player creation engine.

Goddammit.

#Thisisnotagame
#Shoes
#Thisisnotbarbies

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »