Home

Let's Talk Online Lag...

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Online Lag... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 03:32 PM   #33
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Talk Online Lag...

I think most of the blame needs to go on the Playstation servers. I haven't played 2k on Xbone or PC so I can't really speak to them but I notice lag a lot more when using my PS4 than any other system.

I can play shooters on PC via WiFi and my ping will be in the teens, but when connecting to anything from PS4 the ping is invisible but I definitely feel a delay in my input compared to playing offline. This goes for games other than the 2K series too. Maybe my launch-day PS4 is showing its age

Some lag is inevitable, but playing this game on and offline is like night and day. The timing for everything is different and the responsiveness you need on the court just isn't there for me. I'm glad to see that not everyone is having these input delay issues, but they do exist for at least some of us.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #34
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
I've only experienced lag when my internet was acting up. Normally I'm running between 90mbps & 120mbps download. On certain times during the day the channels may be clogged and my speed drops and this can cause some lag.

Maybe instead of blaming 2k for your lag issues you guys need to upgrade your internet speeds.
Download speed isn't the only factor in ping. In fact, you can have a lower throughput but a better ping to servers.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
It's not more people than not.. If it was, this thread wouldn't be struggling to stay on the first page and have less than 900 views in a time where people are breaking the F5 button off their keyboard dying for new info.. Of course the people in the thread are going to say they are experiencing lag because it's a thread about lag, but don't act like it's happening to over half of the user base because if it was, this thread would be being made a bigger deal out of.
2k servers are only based in virginia USA afaik. Im not sure how many copies 2k sold in europe/asianetc... but i would assume its significant enough to warrant 2k to have more servers in other countries? The only reason this page is struggling to stay on the first page is probably because most forum users here are in the US.

Im sure the lag for 2k players in the US isnt that bad. 2k players outside the US arent asking for an amazing lag free experience. WE just want it to be PLAYABLE.

Let me put it this way, 150+ ms ping is just garbage. 300ms lag for us Australian players just SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #36
Pro

Vroman's Arena

From my perspective (100 mbps optic fiber, wired connection) its safe to say nba 2k is more laggy online than the average modern online multiplayer game, by quite a margin.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #37
Rookie

Been an issues since this generation of systems for 2K. I agree with everyone, the input delay feels as though you're playing on an old Plasma TV (gaming in sand).

The difference between offline and online play is so striking, whereas when I play something similar like Madden...hardly noticeable.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 9

This thread is a lot more legit than any other threads popping uo on Os. European lag is atrocious in most times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #39
Rookie

NBA 2K15 was almost unplayable at times due to the lag. It was so bad that it was practically an entirely different game online. 2K16 was much improved, but it can still be much better.How the heck can I play a 16 player free-for-all lag-free but 2K can't give me 5 minutes of choppy-less gameplay for a PNO game between 2 players?
Old 09-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #40
Pro

Anyone saying this game does not have server issues is either living in a different reality or a completely biased fan boy. 2K has been notorious for its abysmal servers for years. I love the idea of proam but trying to play as a walk at one point I was getting disconnected from the game more times then I could play a full game and I ended up shelving it for months. The input lag was significantly improved online over previous years but it is still a far cry from offline smooth. Try doing a quick dribble move to evade a rushing opponent in the back court just to have the behind the back or spin come out a second later then you anticipated and put the ball right into a defender. You have to learn the game online vs offline to have success at higher levels and keep turnovers down. Online you learn not to make some of those tighter passes, which moves to avoid a drawn out animation, and how much space you need to get off a clean shot. Hardcore players have been clamoring for improved net play for years and some of you guys on here saying there are no issues are a slapping long time faithful supporters with concerns in the face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »