Home

NBA 2k18 Ideas For Next Level Sim Gaming

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Ideas For Next Level Sim Gaming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k18 Ideas For Next Level Sim Gaming

In Mycareer mode there should be an isolation button that we can use while on defense for situations when we don't want any help and when we want our teammates to just stay on their man
Old 09-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #18
MVP

We need an option to tilt the floor if for example we see lebron isolating on one side of the court, we can hit quick play "Tilt Floor", which will tell all weakside defenders to sag off their man and be ready to bring immediate help against lebron if he decides to go to the basket
Old 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM   #19
MVP

We need better representation of players that position their bodies in angles, maneuvering their bodies through tight windows in traffic like kyrie irving and james harden. Maybe utilize what Fifa has with precision control modifiers
Old 09-05-2016, 07:41 PM   #20
MVP

For first step explosiveness for players like Russell Westbrook maybe you can steal an idea from NFL 2k games where you have to first lull the defender to sleep with the right stick than you tap the right trigger repeatedly, the faster you tap the more explosive your player will be to get past defender.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #21
MVP

This idea might have been put in this year but I will post anyway.

Have the AI run realistic fastbreaks that aren't so one dimensional and predictable where the ai keeps charging into the paint along with its running mates to get a layup where there is a defender or two back. Instead the ai should be able to spread the floor, have its shooters spot up at the wing or slow it down getting ready to setup the trailing player behind them to drain the shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #22
Rookie

choteron2's Arena

OVR: 0

Dynamic stats. If im playing with lebron james and i make a bucket that make him surpasses X player in the all time nba scoring list, i want that the game make me know that. Same for rebounds, steals, assists, etc
Old 09-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #23
Rookie

JazzaJDN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
We should have a sort of "Help Defense Attention" meter for every player in the Coaching section of the pause menu. So, like, if we're playing against Cleveland, we can set LeBron's Help Defense Attention to 100, so that everyone will be focused on bringing help defense when he drives, but we can set jr smith to like 50, so when he drives, help defense will come, but not as strong as when LeBron drives.

That's how it works in real life. As of now, our only option is to set help defense strength to the same value for everybody, so that the help on a jr smith drive will look the same as on a James drive.

Hell, to even add to that, if you set someone to 100, the defense should shade, tilt the court, whatever you wanna call it, toward that player when he gets the ball in position to make a play (i.e., at or inside the three-point line).

Seriously? We're gunna do this? 17 isn't out for another week and you are already starting on what we need for 18?
Old 09-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #24
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by choteron2
Dynamic stats. If im playing with lebron james and i make a bucket that make him surpasses X player in the all time nba scoring list, i want that the game make me know that. Same for rebounds, steals, assists, etc
YES. This is one of the next steps in immersion. Along with a constantly updating all-time leaderboard for points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. Like this for example: http://www.espn.com/nba/history/leaders

This would make MyLeague games more dynamic mid-season. When you start a game and hear the commentator at tipoff say that Player A is 30 points away from passing player B for __th place all-time, etc. And of course an excited announcement from the commentary team once he surpasses that total.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »