Home

All player ratings on 2k17.....

This is a discussion on All player ratings on 2k17..... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #65
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All player ratings on 2k17.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
It's complete bull**** for a $60 product that's also filled with microtransactions they can't hire one guy to work full time and update these players properly?? So many players have been completely untouched for multiple seasons it's just absurd. They only pay attention to the star players on star teams.
http://2kmtcentral.com/

I'm going to entertain this uneducated comment for a moment. This website shows all the changes they make through the year. Clearly, they pay attention to more than just the "star players on star teams". Lastly, why would they change ratings during the offseason???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
It's complete bull**** for a $60 product that's also filled with microtransactions they can't hire one guy to work full time and update these players properly?? So many players have been completely untouched for multiple seasons it's just absurd. They only pay attention to the star players on star teams.
Specifically who do you think should be different?

I think their 2krating guy does a really good job for the most part. It's one of the toughest jobs in sports video games because of how differing opinions are and how much emphasis people put on them.

https://twitter.com/2Kstauff
Old 09-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #67
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

I'm going to entertain this uneducated comment for a moment. This website shows all the changes they make through the year. Clearly, they pay attention to more than just the "star players on star teams". Lastly, why would they change ratings during the offseason???
I wouldn't haven't even answered....... People like that don't.... Ok I'm going to stop in my tracks lol
Old 09-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

Yes they change ratings but they do NOT change tendencies. Some players tendencies have not been changed for MULTIPLE seasons. Same goes for badges.

Ratings are pointless if the players aren't playing how they should to begin with.

Edit* those rating changes are a complete joke anyways. Many players need a COMPLETE overhaul and instead all they do is up the 3 point rating by 2 points and call it a day.

Last edited by DreamAgain; 09-07-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #69
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Yes they change ratings but they do NOT change tendencies. Some players tendencies have not been changed for MULTIPLE seasons. Same goes for badges.

Ratings are pointless if the players aren't playing how they should to begin with.

Edit* those rating changes are a complete joke anyways. Many players need a COMPLETE overhaul and instead all they do is up the 3 point rating by 2 points and call it a day.

Your spot on with the tendencies being untouched, and tendencies is where the biggest problem is when it comes to simulated stats in the MyLeague/GM/player. its not the whole problem, but a good portion of the problem, there is some under the hood tweaking thats needs done too, to get things exact. Cant think of their names right now, but they do major editing to basically fix the game each year to where its playable in those offline modes I mentioned.
Ratings while some are screwy for the most going by their flawed rating scale, for the most part they do a decent job the past couple years, and ratings are opinion based anyway, so always going to be a discrepancy with people.
It the tendencies that look like they are just thrown together without any thought process at all, to how it will effect things. Online player wont see this as a issue, but for those who do play a lot of the Association style modes, or even MyPlayer for that matter, will see a huge problem with tendencies and how they are wrong.
If NBA2k actually sit down an just would run multiple simulated seasons, like every sports gaming company should, although outside of MLBTS I dont know if the others do or not, but then they would figure out quickly what they need to do. Its pretty bad when people who buy this game have to fix things by spending hundreds of hours testing and editing, when the company who makes the game should get this stuff right out of the box.

For those who think well edited rosters fix this, just save yourself from looking like a ignorant fool by posting, that because I can bet some fool will post that,smh. You shouldnt have to spend more time editing than actually playing when this should never be a issue that has to be fixed by us, its 2k job too get right, especially not when we pay basically 70$ and some more than that. Editing should be just for this who dont like a certain players rating, or those who like to play with the sneakers and accessories, its not something we should have to use to fix what they seem to refuse to fix all the way each yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »