Home

Offline MyLeague keeps expanding while Online turns into fantasy basketball...?

This is a discussion on Offline MyLeague keeps expanding while Online turns into fantasy basketball...? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 08:06 PM   #9
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offline MyLeague keeps expanding while Online turns into fantasy basketball...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
Sure lots on OS might, but do you think 2k would ignore my league online if people actually played it? They have the numbers.

Just my two cents. You spend development time on areas that you know will be used. OS is not the gen pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reasons they ignore Online Franchise is simple. They haven't figured out a way to monetise it and make it desirable for people to spend actual money like they have in MyCareer and MyTeam.

If they did, I'm willing to bet they'd put a heap more time and effort into having an exact replica of the offline MyLeague mode.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #10
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Re: Offline MyLeague keeps expanding while Online turns into fantasy basketball...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
The reasons they ignore Online Franchise is simple. They haven't figured out a way to monetise it and make it desirable for people to spend actual money like they have in MyCareer and MyTeam.

If they did, I'm willing to bet they'd put a heap more time and effort into having an exact replica of the offline MyLeague mode.

So tell me why the make updates to my league then? My league isn't monitized.

Again, I am of the opinion that "nobody" plays online leagues enough to warrant what you guys are asking for. Just my opinion. It is NOT a fact, but it seems a bit more reasonable than any other alternative.

Also I'm sure it's not hard to figure out how to monitize an online my league when they monitized MyGm.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
Rookie

str8stuntin03's Arena

OVR: 15

They already confirmed a rookie draft and progressions, regressions and retirements. Only thing we dont know for sure is a FA agency pool during off season.

[OS Vets NBA 2k8 S1 Co-Champion - Nuggets]
[OS Vets NBA 2k8 S2 Runner Up - Trailblazers]
[OS Vets NBA 2k9 Champion - Sixers]
[OS Vets NBA 2k10 Runner Up - Warriors]
[OS Vets NBA 2k11 S2 Regular Season Champ - Knicks]
[New Era Sims NBA 2K12 Champion - Bulls]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #12
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
So tell me why the make updates to my league then? My league isn't monitized.

Again, I am of the opinion that "nobody" plays online leagues enough to warrant what you guys are asking for. Just my opinion. It is NOT a fact, but it seems a bit more reasonable than any other alternative.

Also I'm sure it's not hard to figure out how to monitize an online my league when they monitized MyGm.

Because plenty of people play MyLeague because it's a working mode without bugs and is a continuation of the popular Assocation mode from old 2K's.

The thing about Online Assocation/MyLeague is that it was barely given any time to grow as a mode. It was buggy, so I'm sure a ton ended up giving up on it, and then pretty quickly it was removed from 2K altogether. You only have to look at how popular Madden's Online Franchise mode is despite it being inferior to 2K's offline mode to know there's a market out there for it.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #13
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyc
Wow, that was a noob comment.
Don't feed the trolls. Mods..can we merge the 2 myleague online threads?

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8stuntin03
They already confirmed a rookie draft and progressions, regressions and retirements. Only thing we dont know for sure is a FA agency pool during off season.
Where is this confirmed?
Old 09-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I only play offline MyLeague, but I definitely feel for you guys who like to do it online. I guess I never realized it was any different than offline TBH, and quite frankly I dont know why it has to be different, but I also know nothing about how to build a video game, so their must be more to it than just taking the offline mode and adding online to it.

I know for a few years it felt like Association mode was a after thought, so Im glad they have finally stepped it up and started putting a little more effort into it.

Personally while I dont play online at all, I would think the majority of online gamers would want to play a online Association, rather than just taking a fake player or making yourself, and building him up to unrealistic levels, or just playing quick games online for the heck of it, but maybe Im wrong. Just seems froma competitive standpoint, people would want to play and run a franchise with other people.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 08:21 AM   #16
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I only play offline MyLeague, but I definitely feel for you guys who like to do it online. I guess I never realized it was any different than offline TBH, and quite frankly I dont know why it has to be different, but I also know nothing about how to build a video game, so their must be more to it than just taking the offline mode and adding online to it.

I know for a few years it felt like Association mode was a after thought, so Im glad they have finally stepped it up and started putting a little more effort into it.

Personally while I dont play online at all, I would think the majority of online gamers would want to play a online Association, rather than just taking a fake player or making yourself, and building him up to unrealistic levels, or just playing quick games online for the heck of it, but maybe Im wrong. Just seems froma competitive standpoint, people would want to play and run a franchise with other people.
This. 10char

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »