Home

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:22 AM   #41
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoogle
I think they messed up giving the slasher such a low 'Speed with Ball' statistic. From what I've seen/heard from others with both the full game and upgraded players in the prelude the low 'Speed with Ball' stat will really slow down your fast breaks. They're probably going to have to play off-ball a LOT to take advantage of their high speed without the ball.

This stat alone has turned me off making a slasher. I've finished the prelude with a 6'5 SG Shot Creator and am planning on a 6'3 PG Playmaker low weight when the full game drops.
They have the "One Man Fastbreak" badge tho..so it might make up some of the lost speed.

But speed is important regardless, centers are a lot slower this year and I haven't seen as many crazy blocks or chasedowns...actually I've seen none.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 AM   #42
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
They have the "One Man Fastbreak" badge tho..so it might make up some of the lost speed.

But speed is important regardless, centers are a lot slower this year and I haven't seen as many crazy blocks or chasedowns...actually I've seen none.
My athletic finisher caught a few sick ones in the prelude. That high vert and speed make a nice difference
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:44 AM   #43
Rookie

fattymac21's Arena

I'm struggling to decide whether or not I want to make a 6'3 Slasher or Shot Creator PG.

I'm hesitant to make a slasher because last year I made the mistake of making a balanced point guard and I felt extremely limited (moreso in MyPark) mainly because my player's penchant for missing wide open 3's and the weak midrange game.

Shot Creator seems very capable offensively, but I do want that feeling of being a strong "little" guy i.e Westbrook and pulling off ridiculous layups and posters.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:53 AM   #44
Pro

Second time getting Top 3, this time I forced the last 2 Tournament games to go to Double OT just to pad stats. 55 Ovr 6'7 Playmaker PG 2.0
Old 09-13-2016, 01:53 AM   #45
Rookie

How many people are going to see where they get drafted before spending VC on their guy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 02:05 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS
How many people are going to see where they get drafted before spending VC on their guy?
Got lotto avg 19/6/1/2/2 on Post Scorer Center.
Lotto on 6'10 Point Forward.
Lotto on 6'7 Playmaker PG 3.0.
Top 3 on 2 6'7 Playmaker PGs.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefcurry30
Anybody else noticed how the gameplay changed a little bit after leaving college and going to team USA? Felt a lot more loose and free than the college gameplay.
I did. Thought it was just me, but it definitely felt a lot better.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #48
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymac21
I'm struggling to decide whether or not I want to make a 6'3 Slasher or Shot Creator PG.

I'm hesitant to make a slasher because last year I made the mistake of making a balanced point guard and I felt extremely limited (moreso in MyPark) mainly because my player's penchant for missing wide open 3's and the weak midrange game.

Shot Creator seems very capable offensively, but I do want that feeling of being a strong "little" guy i.e Westbrook and pulling off ridiculous layups and posters.
It honestly sounds like a slasher is for you . But you realize shot creator is the "safer" option. I honestly think you should go with what you like and what's fun for you . It's your game forget what everybody else is doing . Get those still skills ready for your Westbrook .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »