Home

My League Online Brainstorming Session

This is a discussion on My League Online Brainstorming Session within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My League Online Brainstorming Session

My Fellow 2K Online Leagues Commish's,

With the news of My League Online not being exactly what we wanted with contracts, rookie drafts, etc. I thought a good idea would be to have a brainstorming session how you plan on implementing your league. This could be for a couple of friends or a full 30 user team league. As always, let's keep criticism of 2K to a low since this thread is meant for a gathering of admins.

There are no bad ideas and please keep in mind what works for one lg may not work for another.

If you want news regarding My League Online please go HERE.

Hopefully, 2K releases a blog for MLO in the near future and I will link it here as well when it drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: My League Online Brainstorming Session

As of right now, I want to implement some sort of drop requirement based on team OVR. I've been brainstorming different methods like you can only keep up to X amount of OVR.

Also, I am planning on doing rookie draft after offseason draft. Want to keep them seperate. Another alternative is making teams take 2 rookies during the offseason draft. This way it becomes somewhat strategically when to grab the rookies who will progress or go with a veteran.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #3
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
As of right now, I want to implement some sort of drop requirement based on team OVR. I've been brainstorming different methods like you can only keep up to X amount of OVR.

Also, I am planning on doing rookie draft after offseason draft. Want to keep them seperate. Another alternative is making teams take 2 rookies during the offseason draft. This way it becomes somewhat strategically when to grab the rookies who will progress or go with a veteran.
I like where you're headed with this, I mean it wouldn't be hard to dedicate 2 rounds to a "rookie only" draft, but at the same time I wish the overall was hidden and they were still just given letter grades for attributes and such.

I'd like to see how people will handle the picking up of FAs.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
My Fellow 2K Online Leagues Commish's,

With the news of My League Online not being exactly what we wanted with contracts, rookie drafts, etc. I thought a good idea would be to have a brainstorming session how you plan on implementing your league. This could be for a couple of friends or a full 30 user team league. As always, let's keep criticism of 2K to a low since this thread is meant for a gathering of admins.

There are no bad ideas and please keep in mind what works for one lg may not work for another.

If you want news regarding My League Online please go HERE.

Hopefully, 2K releases a blog for MLO in the near future and I will link it here as well when it drops.
Great thread Swim! My man. Now that the cats out of the bag with the lack of real life free agency, all Online League Admins gotta unite in brainstorming work arounds for a legit free agency during the offseason. 2k has given us everything for MLO that we have been wanting for years; progression, regresssion, retirements, rookie draft, etc. For the life of me, I can't fathom why they would tease us right up to the finish line and leave out free agency. But enough sulking, let's put our minds together to come up with a FA system.

So far, the most thorough and comprehensive system, in my opinion, has been developed by the fellas at Sim Champions. A guy by the name of UDVikings set up this elaborate and elegant spreadsheet that takes into account user team record, player ambition, and salary cap figures to determine how bids that members in the league submit will be calculated and evaluated for the free agents. Check it out below in action. I am trying to get him to share the details of the calculations and formulas with the community. In the mean time, check it out below. Starts at the 7:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/mQ3CWC-sHzU

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Can't believe 2k was so close to giving us the whole enchilada and settled for this keeper contract cop out as a means of conducting offseason free agency. If admins had the ability to assign the number of keeper players for each team instead of a universal number for all teams, then that would really aid the work around because we could just set all players under contract or with team option contracts as keepers, and the rest including players even with player options would test free agency. Then it would be more organized to institute the free agency work around. Instead having a blanket number of keepers per team ruins this because different teams have different amounts of players under long term contracts from season to season.

Let the brain storming session begin indeed! Damn you 2k!...we are so f***ing close to replicating offline myleague. Always in wait till next year mode with this forlorn and forsaken community for a real online franchise.
My thoughts in regards to the keeper contracts. If we could mirror the amount of "keepers" per team based on the players under long term contracts or team option contracts, then that would go along way towards a viable work around. But if its just a universal each team keeps "5 Keepers" in the admin options, then the work around becomes a little trick as stated above. Where there is a will, there is way. Hopefully others step up with some viable solutions to replicate the myleague offline free agency. It's literally the ONLY thing we are missing from MLO realizing its potential as a mode.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
Rookie

If you want to use the "offseason draft" here's a potential workaround. granted I haven't thought about the numbers and everything in detail but it's a start.
1 offseason draft with rookies and non keepers
every team has to draft 2 rookies throughout the draft. This provides some strategy for teams, if they want to go younger or go with a vet.
FA drops: Allowed to keep 7 players, only 4 of them can be over 80 OVR. This helps give offseason draft some good players while helping the bad teams improve.

Offseason draft based on reverse order of top 10 players OVR.

Just some thoughts to maybe bring up other ideas...
Old 09-08-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Chin2112's Arena

OVR: 0

I was thinking something like you can keep 4 players over 80 ovr and all rookies can be kept for 3 seasons without being forced to dropped regardless of ovr
Miami Marlins

PSN: PS4 - Chin2112
Old 09-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Best way in my opinion is to use NBA 2k solely for playing the game. Everything else (roster management, standings, draft, stats etc.) has to be done seperately, best suited on a website.

The two online leagues I am part of do it this way for years. One even goes back to NBA live 2005. We use google docs for our rosters and stats.

http://www.mydyne.de/board
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._AIcfc/pubhtml
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-IBJvM/pubhtml
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...22&single=true
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...45&single=true

http://www.forums.ballerz.net

In my opinion, you get a much better basketball and especially management experience, when you're doing things yourself and rely on 2k as less as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »