Home

I think passing REALLY needs to be tweaked/patched as soon as possible

This is a discussion on I think passing REALLY needs to be tweaked/patched as soon as possible within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 05:10 AM   #65
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Mike...passing REALLY needs to be tweaked/patched as soon as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
It's amazing that they actually take on the feedback, look into it and patch it if the feedback was accurate. Not a lot of devs do that outside of beta testing and major glitches (that I'm aware of)
I highly doubt they needed us to realise some is wrong with overhead passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 06:36 AM   #66
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Absolutely no need for these overhead passes to be used in the context they are.

Was trying to play pick n roll with Nash and Amare last night - several easy buckets were ruined because of these ridiculously slow, floating, over head pass animations.

Worst of all is when your guy makes one of these passes to a teammate who's literally 4 feet away.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:12 AM   #67
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Guys please just keep it to NBA 2K17 passing only. The overhead passes are very different (in a bad way) to thoses from NBA 2K16 wich were already bad.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #68
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Guys please just keep it to NBA 2K17 passing only. The overhead passes are very different (in a bad way) to thoses from NBA 2K16 wich were already bad.
Vni I have another question regarding the passes. Is there the forced turnover passing issue the plagued the game last year?

Ex: You'd have a pretty clear and non-contested pass to another player but the pass would go no where close and way out of bounds for a turnover.

Have you seen this?
Old 09-09-2016, 07:43 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0

DISCLAIMER: I did not read an ounce of this thread EXCEPT I glimpsed and am pretty sure you are referring to the Overhead pass.

I just want to share my un-biased experience of the game. I passed strictly with A, no bounce passes and no overheads and with around 33 ball control/passing. I rarely turned it over and even got 4 assists one game.

Whatever you do Mike, don't touch the regular chest pass AT ALL. It was perfect. There might very well be a problem with the OverHead pass because all these people, I mean I think all these people had a problem with it. Is there a way you can tweak the overhead pass but leave the pass with A on xbox (chest pass) ALONE?

Thanks. By the way the PRELUDE was a DREAM. Best gameplay of any 2k ever, of any sports simulation. Rebounding took skill, timing and position. I felt the weight when moving around screens/players on offense and fighting for boards on defense.

Simply AMAZING what you guys have done. Great Product. I just wanted to say something because I had sooo much fun I'm savoring it, waiting as long as I can before I play my bonus game.

Please don't tweak the gameplay. Investigate the OverHead pass, if there is something seriously wrong with that. JUST TWEAK THAT. nothing else.

Thank you for doing what you do so good. #Justmy2Cents
Old 09-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #70
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Vni I have another question regarding the passes. Is there the forced turnover passing issue the plagued the game last year?

Ex: You'd have a pretty clear and non-contested pass to another player but the pass would go no where close and way out of bounds for a turnover.

Have you seen this?
Haven't seen that. I got a turnover when passing out of the double team but that seemed pretty legit.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #71
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopaKnicca
DISCLAIMER: I did not read an ounce of this thread EXCEPT I glimpsed and am pretty sure you are referring to the Overhead pass.

I just want to share my un-biased experience of the game. I passed strictly with A, no bounce passes and no overheads and with around 33 ball control/passing. I rarely turned it over and even got 4 assists one game.

Whatever you do Mike, don't touch the regular chest pass AT ALL. It was perfect. There might very well be a problem with the OverHead pass because all these people, I mean I think all these people had a problem with it. Is there a way you can tweak the overhead pass but leave the pass with A on xbox (chest pass) ALONE?

Thanks. By the way the PRELUDE was a DREAM. Best gameplay of any 2k ever, of any sports simulation. Rebounding took skill, timing and position. I felt the weight when moving around screens/players on offense and fighting for boards on defense.

Simply AMAZING what you guys have done. Great Product. I just wanted to say something because I had sooo much fun I'm savoring it, waiting as long as I can before I play my bonus game.

Please don't tweak the gameplay. Investigate the OverHead pass, if there is something seriously wrong with that. JUST TWEAK THAT. nothing else.

Thank you for doing what you do so good. #Justmy2Cents
Yeah we're talking about the overhead pass. I thought the others were allright. Overall they could use a little more zip as always in 2K but they're allright. Especially like the bounce pass and I threw some sexy behind the back flashy bounce pass on the pick and fade that were completely sick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #72
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

The only thing I could say is start using bounce pass a bit more on pick and rolls. I rarely see those overhead passes cuz I either oop it or bounce pass on my pick and rolls. (Disclaimer: I have only done 2KU so far so it might be different in the career games)

PSN: TheDom45

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »