Home

NBA 2K17 Prelude Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Prelude Feedback Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #49
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K17 Prelude Feedback Thread

Personally I really enjoy the popups. Great feature, I hope that makes it into the final game.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 4

I thank 2k for releasing a demo. Thank you very much

but..

Im old I guess. Have no interest in Myplayer and the popups are slightly annoying. Ill wait for a full release but like what I see so far.

I highly doubt the final product will be night and day from the demo but its hard to get a feel for the game playing with 2k staff and generics.

Still trying to decide if Im getting PC or ps4 version though.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

Anyone else getting error code: efeab30c? I deleted and redownloaded and still doesn't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 07:40 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got the error once i tried to go to the 2k store than went to go to my career and it gave me a corrupted file and i ended up deleting it and starting again but said that i ended up playing the prelude.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #53
Pro

Once again it looks like we're being forced to play hero ball. I made a glass cleaner pf, obviously i'm not looking to be a scorer so please stop forcing me. Please let me play the reggie evans role.

Half the time i come out to set a pick they just pass me the ball before i get there. They won't even use my pick when it's away from the ball. Then of course you have the cpu just waiting till the buzzer to throw up a bad shot. Here i am passing to pg/sg/sf who have a wide open jumper and they simply refuse to shoot. I hope it's different once you're on an nba team.

Other than that i do notice movement in general is a lot smoother which was one of my biggest dislikes in 16. Also, it seems like you rarely get stuck to your defender trying to get out of the paint which is a big plus for me. I don't enjoy guards stealing my rebounds when i have position but i'll blame it on the low attributes for now. At least i didn't get sucked into being boxed out like in 16.

I will say i wish they would've done what live did last year. Let us play walk on. For them it would be a partial test for their servers and for us it would be a good way to get used to the game. I'm not saying free walk on for the rest of the year like i believe live did, just for a limited time until release or maybe a week after. Other than that, allowing us to play it multiple times would've been better as well. From what i've read most people assume they don't allow it because of vc but if that's the reason couldn't they simply just stop awarding vc after the first playthrough?

All in all though, shockingly it was free so i guess we can't complain too much. One more though, 2ku wasn't what i was expecting at all. I would've preferred it to be like 2k12 or whichever one it was where you could select a category like for example dribbling or post moves and then had a tutorial for every single move.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #54
Banned

Just noticed there is a whole heap of new shooting sleeves available to our myplayers. Anyone know if they will be available to NBA players?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #55
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

So if you quit out of a game before the end ( so you can play it again) does that cause any negative outcome? Like hurting your rep or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #56
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I only played 2KU because MyCareer isn't my thing. I had to play this lol. I am torturing myself until December because this is one of my birthday presents. Anyway, the game is so fluid, responsive and FAST! I can't wait to play actual games. I love how this game plays.

Like others have said: it's annoying when you are in the flow of the game and you get a popup but all and all, this game is going to be awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »