Home

NBA 2K17 MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online & MyGM Blog With Erick Boenisch

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online & MyGM Blog With Erick Boenisch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #17
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K17 MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online & MyGM Blog With Erick Boenisch

Quote:
We have a new Team Rivals feature in the game this year that does a really great job of selling the drama of playing a game against a rival. When playing in such a game, the atmosphere will look and feel different compared to a game against a non-rival. As it should! You want to FEEL the energy when Cleveland comes to the Oracle. Driving this system is an all-new backend that is constantly changing the rival score between teams. For example, if you are playing a game with playoff implications that results in a lot of physical play (technicals), you can expect such a game to ratchet up the temperature with respect to the rival score. In total, there are over 20 factors that we are constantly looking at, constantly evaluating, to determine the appropriate rival level one team should have with another.
This is where I really, REALLY hope they're not BSing us when they tell us the atmosphere/crowd is better. Because if it is, then this is great news to hear. But again, that's dependent on the improvements they've said they made.

Quote:
Advanced Rotations

For those of you who really want to take charge of your on-court units, we are introducing a new feature called Advanced Rotations that allows you to control exactly who is on the court for each minute of the game. Devise gameplans that detail exactly how long you want your starting five on the floor to start the game, when the second unit should come in, and what position each player plays as different units sub in and out over the course of the game. The sheer amount of control you now have here is unparalleled in sports gaming.

Been waiting for this for a long time.

At this point, I just want the game in my hands now.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #18
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Dawg
Can we turn off the keeper thing in myleauge online?
Well you can you keep all 15 and then when the next draft comes you will have to drop somebody.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

just WOW, as a MyGm player, this is all just wow

My only question, If i start With an Expansion Team, How exactly does it work. I do an expansion draft, but is there an entry draft before the season starts aswell? and if there is, Is it with generated players or Do we redo the 2016 Entry draft with Ben Simmons, Ingram etc??
Old 09-09-2016, 01:27 PM   #20
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
This is where I really, REALLY hope they're not BSing us when they tell us the atmosphere/crowd is better.
Thing is, to some it may never be enough if it's not exactly like they want, while to others it's a great improvement and welcomed.

So how do we know if they're BSing or not?
Old 09-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #21
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn, there's some really nice stuff in there. Some of it is kind of overwhelming to be honest. I cant wait to see how the rivalry feature plays out, though. Absolutely love the player jersey retirements. It just makes the league feel like it's living and breathing. Disappointed about no NBDL, Euroleague or wrap up show like College Hoops Tonight. But they put in some serious work this year. Erick's last paragraph gives me hope for these features and more in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #22
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Thing is, to some it may never be enough if it's not exactly like they want, while to others it's a great improvement and welcomed.

So how do we know if they're BSing or not?
We'll know once we get the game in our hands.

That's why I said in the other thread about this that showing us 2 min trailers of rim sounds and the ball hitting the floor isn't going to show/tell us anything and are pretty much a waste of time. Hell, no trailer would...just pretty much gameplay videos will at this point.

I'm trying to hold out hope that they finally get it right this year...but if they don't, then I'm sure this game will be sitting on the side for me by January like it was last year.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #23
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
At the NBA level, we now track the top 100 all-time leaders for 21 different stats across career records, season records, single game records, and single game playoff records. As you play through your league, you will see players rise through the ranks. It’s pretty cool to see how this looks after simulating 50 seasons. At the Team level, we now track the 5 all-time leaders across 10 different stats, for every team. I’m a bit of a stats junkie, so this is pure stat candy for me. I hope it will be for your as well!

They were the only sports game that had good stat tracking to begin with, and they just made it even better.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

This all looks good. I'm happy with it.

Some things that did not make it that I had really hoped to find:
  • D League (even if only "text" style or simcast playable)
  • Draft & stash options for player development, in Europe or D league
  • Improved or even market intelligent free agent asking prices and negotiation postures. In other words, free agents are aware of the market and competition at their positions, and don't just set their asking prices based on the current combination of age, overall and potential. This goes along with players being willing to sign for minimum, which in past 2k's, most players who should be willing won't do it.
  • Sign & trade
I'm not complaining. I like all that they did, though the stat sorting options are not as much my thing as they probably are for others.

I love the focus on improved CPU AI for team management for trading and free agent targeting/roster composition. Also love the advanced rotations, league expansion options and rebranding community shares.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-09-2016 at 02:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »