Home

Your opinions on stories in MyCareer.

This is a discussion on Your opinions on stories in MyCareer. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #9
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Your opinions on stories in MyCareer.

I like this one so far I just wish at the beginning you can have some choices...like different voices..maybe pick your ethnicity and your family members will then be the same ethnicity. It kind ruins the immersion just having it one way regardless of your myPlayer.

The way it is now I make my player a certain way for the story so he fits in then after that I change him more to resemble myself. I just think different options would be better for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 09-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your opinions on stories in MyCareer.

The only real frustrating thing for me as a person who isn't an American is that we're forced into being an American. It completely killed my excitement for the mode right out the gate. It's not really MyCareer, it's 2kCareer.

I was super excited when international teams were announced as I thought there might be a chance to represent Australia in some way in the mode.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #11
Rookie

I like the story behind it all. Adds that extra touch to the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #12
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't really care about the story. It's just something that I have to go through since you're forced to if you want to play MyPark.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #13
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

If they made the story text based it probably wouldnt be so linear, but because people want voice acting there is only so much they can do.

I would like a text based story where it isnt linear at all. Give me hundreds of choices
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #14
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

I think where the marketing for the MyCareer game mode fails is trying to sell it on a mode where you inject "yourself" into the NBA. MyCareer plays more like a traditional RPG, where the main character is some kind of hero who has their own backstory but you happen to be guiding their interactions. Like I've said before, the description for how MyCareer works this year draws many similarities with the Persona RPG series, which is fantastic.

Focus less on trying to make a model of yourself in the game, and instead work on making a fun, fictional character of which you are playing the lead role. I promise you'll have a much more fun time with the mode and not be sidetracked by breakage of immersion.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 09-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #15
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I personally love the storylines because it makes it more immersive and real on what a rookie probably goes through. I would much rather have the story, the options, the decisions, getting traded, being released to FA, signing new shoe deals and endorsements over...

Just getting selected to a team and just playing game..after game...after game...with no depth to the mode.

Sure the cutscenes can be cheesy but I can deal with it for the depth of this mode.

A+ in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #16
Rookie

dking30's Arena

The game didn't even come out bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »