Home

BEST ALL AROUND BUILDS FOR EVERY POSITION BREAKDOWN TO HAVE A PERFECT PRO AM TEAM !

This is a discussion on BEST ALL AROUND BUILDS FOR EVERY POSITION BREAKDOWN TO HAVE A PERFECT PRO AM TEAM ! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: BEST ALL AROUND BUILDS FOR EVERY POSITION BREAKDOWN TO HAVE A PERFECT PRO AM TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
On the flip side if I'm guarding a defensive wing guess what? He's catching that Tony Allen treatment. Sagging off like a M.F

No way your average player will be able to knock down shots with that archetype, open or not. Your ball handler is getting doubled on every possession lmao.
Someone picking Lockdown defender probably has a decent basketball IQ, you can sag off someone and they can still cut to the rim. Also, the lockdown defender has pretty high rebounding, comparable to big men, so good luck boxing him out if you're sagging off them.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: BEST ALL AROUND BUILDS FOR EVERY POSITION BREAKDOWN TO HAVE A PERFECT PRO AM TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Trust me I understand . I make a 6'10 inside scoring PF every year. But this is the first year where I really feel like a true 4. I'm fast for a big , and have high vertical . My finishing ability is even stronger because 2k gave us better caps for finishing and driving . Not to mention my higher playmaking for better passing and moves from the high post . And I can hit the midrange shot . I feel like a Blake Griffen or Amare Stoudemire now. Also PFs and SFs have dunk packages such as Shawn Kemp that are exclusive to them. My close range is money . I use lots of floaters , runners , and hop steps. I feel like I could help a team at the 4.
Dude I hope it's true even at high levels. I hate how 3 happy this game was last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
How are people making guides based off gameplay on pro/default? At least wait until the full game comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm basing it off of imagination and intuition knowing what I know by playing online for 10+ years and 2k since it came out. It could be wrong, and that's cool; I want to be wrong because that means more fun for me.

I just feel they really screwed up lock down D by making them too weak. I wish, as I suggest in another thread, they could get like one spot they could hit from... be like Bowen or something.

I'm pretty sure I can stick someone with 75 defense skills tho... I love the new steals. I just like playing LDD.

Edit: @ abuC, lock down has wack finishing tho too.

-Smak
Old 09-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #19
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Like I said:

3 Sharp shooters, 1 glass cleaner, and 1 either shot creator or playmaker/point forward.

I struggle to see how anything would be better than that assuming everyone was *really good.*

The sharp shooters have good caps for passing, they are even ok at rebounding... you won't get off when you are dribbling, but that's where you get your shot creator and glass cleaner, which has decent D and a much higher finishing than lock down defender. I could see some teams switching out one sharpshooter for creator/playmaker on the perimeter, but I don't think that it's optimal.

The only spot that is arguable, to me, is the 4. You could maybe get a post scorer/another glass cleaner in there. The benefits of being a slasher/athlete to me aren't high enough, in theory, when you could just be a glass cleaner. Even tho yea the athlete gets good dribbling/passing, but at PF?

To me their caps are a bit weird, but I think that mainly they decided what to make each one... and then they were like "well we made this build weak and strong at what we wanted, but now we gotta fill in the gaps to make it equal." That's why I think sharp shooter got decent rebounding/strength.

Edit: @ Violence... haha, my inside SF last year made me never wanna be broke. Wide open, w/ badges... good release... brick after brick. If people don't have to guard you, that's terrible for the offense. The only dudes who can make Js are creator, playmaker, and sharpshooter, it seems. But if athlete can make in between floaters and stuff, it might not be too bad.

-Smak
The thing is, my Inside SG last year was a monster. It felt like Draymond at the 2. Could do everything. I won't base this off prelude, but the mid range for the height/Weight/Archetype capped at high 70s/80 for the Slasher I made. I'm not dropping 3s(I'll probably only take one a game anyway), But that 16 to 20 footer should fall at a relative rate with boosts/Practice boosts/Badges.

So yeah, You can sag off, but If I can knock down mids at the rate I'm thinking I'll be able to its enough to be a semi Dwayne Wade. Shoot off dribble is decent too, so What I'm seeing is the D sags off, I dribble in and take a 18 foot pull up. This will force them out or live with the Jumper. So they will have to make a "LeBron" decision. I don't need to sink 50 shots from 17 feet and beyond, I need to hit 2 or 3, just to show that I can. Especially if they don't show "Archetypes".

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-10-2016, 02:00 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Dude I hope it's true even at high levels. I hate how 3 happy this game was last year.

I'm basing it off of imagination and intuition knowing what I know by playing online for 10+ years and 2k since it came out. It could be wrong, and that's cool; I want to be wrong because that means more fun for me.

I just feel they really screwed up lock down D by making them too weak. I wish, as I suggest in another thread, they could get like one spot they could hit from... be like Bowen or something.

I'm pretty sure I can stick someone with 75 defense skills tho... I love the new steals. I just like playing LDD.

Edit: @ abuC, lock down has wack finishing tho too.

-Smak
I think one thing we don't know yet is if people can make up low (or just so-so ratings) with stick skills. In this case shot stick.

Defensive player with a 70 3 point shot? Maybe the guy mastered his shot though that he can pass for a 3 point shooter well enough to space the floor at least. Because no more green misses so if a guy has his shot stick down he's going to be dangerous no matter what.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I think one thing we don't know yet is if people can make up low (or just so-so ratings) with stick skills. In this case shot stick.

Defensive player with a 70 3 point shot? Maybe the guy mastered his shot though that he can pass for a 3 point shooter well enough to space the floor at least. Because no more green misses so if a guy has his shot stick down he's going to be dangerous no matter what.
70 would be nice. I think 70 is more around shot creator/playmaker 3 point. Pretty sure d is more like 60.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #22
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0

I think a 6'7 playmaking PG is going to be OP if they go absolute minimum on weight and wingspan. Their speed can reach a 99 as well as speed w/ball (w +5 boosts) so it's almost moot to go shorter unless you want shooting in 90's with +5 boosts. Going minimum on wingspan, your 6'7 playmaking PG shooting improves and with +5 boosts I think you'll be in the low to mid 80's range which IMO is good enough to be an offensive juggernaut.

The dunking I believe also goes up to low 80's (enough to equip some nice dunk packages) since your weight is down but contact dunk, strength, and boxout go down which were all kinda low to begin with anyway.

Has anyone made a 6'7 playmaking PG with minimum weight and wingspan? I'm curious to see what the numbers are.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:49 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
I think a 6'7 playmaking PG is going to be OP if they go absolute minimum on weight and wingspan. Their speed can reach a 99 as well as speed w/ball (w +5 boosts) so it's almost moot to go shorter unless you want shooting in 90's with +5 boosts. Going minimum on wingspan, your 6'7 playmaking PG shooting improves and with +5 boosts I think you'll be in the low to mid 80's range which IMO is good enough to be an offensive juggernaut.

The dunking I believe also goes up to low 80's (enough to equip some nice dunk packages) since your weight is down but contact dunk, strength, and boxout go down which were all kinda low to begin with anyway.

Has anyone made a 6'7 playmaking PG with minimum weight and wingspan? I'm curious to see what the numbers are.

Nah 6'7" min wingspan is basically a 6'3" player. You only gain 1 in driving dunk but lose in shooting off the dribble and lateral quickness. Better off going 6'3" default wingspan min weight for extra lateral quickness which way more value than the + 1 dunk from more height.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:02 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

You're going to need at Perimeter Lockdown Defender and a Interior Defender to defender as well. Neglecting defense will get you ate up if you come up against a team that can outscore you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »