Home

Coach2K's NBA2K17 "The Prelude" Review

This is a discussion on Coach2K's NBA2K17 "The Prelude" Review within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Coach2K's NBA2K17 "The Prelude" Review

So I downloaded "The Prelude" and worked my way from high school to some college play at Louisville to the Olympic team.

My first face scan was a horrible garbled mess so I'll have to work on that again.

Overall, in the 2KU, I feel the game played more smooth than NBA2K16. The main improvement is with the dribbling I think. That felt much better.

As far as gameplay, I don't think we will really know for sure until the hardcore guys get their hands on it and we see what they can do in the Play Now and MyTeam sections where winning at all costs is everything.

Anyway, here's some footage that highlights the Olympic game along with a couple of issues I didn't like.

Let me know what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/U5RnvtDVcZQ

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coach2K's NBA2K17 "The Prelude" Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
So I downloaded "The Prelude" and worked my way from high school to some college play at Louisville to the Olympic team.

My first face scan was a horrible garbled mess so I'll have to work on that again.

Overall, in the 2KU, I feel the game played more smooth than NBA2K16. The main improvement is with the dribbling I think. That felt much better.

As far as gameplay, I don't think we will really know for sure until the hardcore guys get their hands on it and we see what they can do in the Play Now and MyTeam sections where winning at all costs is everything.

Anyway, here's some footage that highlights the Olympic game along with a couple of issues I didn't like.

Let me know what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/U5RnvtDVcZQ

Good review. I have decided to only play the 5 on 5 2ku. So it was good to hear about everything else.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33

Definitively dont like those dont wanna do anything moments, they werent as much in 16 as they seem to be now, hopefully it gets toned down.

Liked the loose ball outcome of bad O decisions, like doing a spin into the defender and exposing the ball ... then again, the O awareness or whatever we have now should come into play and players with supposedly high awareness shouldnt commit those, such as KD, PG, etc ... lesser players on the other hand, would be OK in my eyes.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...1&postcount=24

Just saw this ... so definitively seems as a bug that we should somehow inform DaCzar ... recurrent enough to make it a big thing to be solved ... maybe it triggers randomly from user to user, as apparently is the R2 not registering thing.

Anyways, good points as usual coach, your comments through the whole prelude too alabama.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:20 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I've noticed a couple of wierd stuff too. Like on free throws the teams would fight for the rebound on the first free throw. Once I was double teamed, they got their hands on the ball, whistled a jump ball but it was an inbound on the side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 11:28 PM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

The AI holding onto the ball too long and all the steals is insane. I didn't notice the tremendous amount of steals in the regular games, only in the USA game.

This hopefully will get fixed.

Good review.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Just to clarify 5-seconds closely guarded calls, it doesn't come merely from holding the ball for 5 seconds, but keeping the ball for 5 seconds with the defender within arm's length.

Once the dribbler either "escapes" and gets beyond arm's length or gets past the defender's shoulders, the count goes away and resets the next time the defender guards closely.

It's still a high school rule and I *thought* it was still a college rule, but I'm glad the International game retains it.

It could be that you knew all of that, but I figured I'd chime in just in case there are some who didn't.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Just to clarify 5-seconds closely guarded calls, it doesn't come merely from holding the ball for 5 seconds, but keeping the ball for 5 seconds with the defender within arm's length.

Once the dribbler either "escapes" and gets beyond arm's length or gets past the defender's shoulders, the count goes away and resets the next time the defender guards closely.

It's still a high school rule and I *thought* it was still a college rule, but I'm glad the International game retains it.

It could be that you knew all of that, but I figured I'd chime in just in case there are some who didn't.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm so old, I played ball back when we had that rule. You to had to break the hashmark and come back out.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »