Home

The Art Team Really Tanked This Year.

This is a discussion on The Art Team Really Tanked This Year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Art Team Really Tanked This Year.

Am I the only one that think its kind of funny everybody is complaining about skinny players?everybody on these forums was begging for smaller players. guess what? They gave it to you..this should be a lesson learned for op users for complaining so much.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #58
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Since this is another thread including the same issue, I'll quote what I posted in the correction thread. Which btw in my opinion, is a good thing as the more attention it gets, the more likely it's addressed. I don't think it needs to take over every thread, but if it's the subject of the thread, it can simply be avoided if you find it annoying.

But the more people are educated about the current system, the better.

Quote:
For anyone who wants to understand the body type issue in general with 2K, read this..

https://m.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comment...scans_exposed/

The most glaring issue this year is that every single player who had body type 3 last year (which isn't too bad looking) now has body type 7. The "High School" body type, or as I call it, the Kerri Walsh Jennings body type. This includes the players the OP listed:

-Giannis Antetekounmpo
-Seth Curry
-Dennis Schroder
-Ian Clark

As well as

-Kevin Durant
-Steph Curry
-Mike Dunleavy Jr
-Brandon Jennings
-Andrew Wiggins
-Rudy Gobert
-Jeremy Lin
-Evan Fournier
-Chris Bosh
-Terrence Ross

And many others including rookie Brandon Ingram.

Zach LaVine of all people does not have this body type because he has bodytype 1, and therefor was not part of the mass copy and paste of body type 3 to 7.

This is a major eye sore as no NBA player, EVEN Ingram, is this skinny. Hence, why it was the High School body type last year.

*EDIT* Meant to say MAYBE Ingram lol

Books, I'd love to read your breakdown.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #59
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

It is kind of depressing being that being a licensed game and having access and the resources to scan things. hope the same way they were able to do shoes this year get done to body types next year with added muscle tones along with proper lighting on the jerseys. i know they are on the players, bt they don't look like they belong in the same world because the game has all this amazing lighting in and the jerseys and warm-ups is like... meh. i know it's not a big deal, yet it would add to the immersion of the game just like how the crowd, commentating, and animations has. i think the animations get/look clunky because it seems that there are not a lot of transition animations. by transition i mean have you ever been playing a game of 2k and watched the awkwardness of a player backing up with the ball (where they look like they're moving forward, but going backwards) (mo cap a point guard resetting the offense)? or that weird half a suicide sprint thing players do after making a basket? or the floaty jog up court? I could go on and on,
but i'm gonna let the team do what they do and hope it turns out great for us fans.

i wouldnt say they tanked tho. 2k didnt do a 76ers 2016 season for 2k17.

Last edited by hesko; 09-10-2016 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2016, 10:43 PM   #60
MVP

I'm betting there are just too few people in the company willing to stand up and say "this looks bad" especially when there's no competition. Why rock the boat when you know sales will be through the roof regardless?
Old 09-10-2016, 10:49 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
To be fair, this is a dedicated thread for those issues, and people should participate if they feel the same.
Also to be fair, 90% of the threads for the past two weeks have essentially been about this topic. Even if it started on something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 10:55 PM   #62
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Also to be fair, 90% of the threads for the past two weeks have essentially been about this topic. Even if it started on something else.
Dunno..... I like to think they were about the marketing.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:58 PM   #63
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I'm betting there are just too few people in the company willing to stand up and say "this looks bad" especially when there's no competition. Why rock the boat when you know sales will be through the roof regardless?
you probably right. you rock the boat to show why you're #1.
i guess releasing every year aint enough tho.

2k17 trap(eziu)s on swole. lol

Last edited by hesko; 09-10-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #64
Rookie

I think the way these games are coming out so early now there is gonna be less time for these devs to do anything that will be superior over any previous game they throw out. I remember when basketball games would come out in early to mid October. Pretty soon they'll start dropping these games in August it seems like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »