Home

2K Support answer to "Already Played" error

This is a discussion on 2K Support answer to "Already Played" error within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K Support answer to "Already Played" error

I contacted 2k to see If I could get my account to play The Prelude again. Why? Well, simply for the achievements. You may think it is stupid but I was playing on a profile that I used every time I want to 100% a game and I have a lot. Anyway, it was important to me because my game froze during the last game and when I got back it already said that. I erased my game save to see If that would be fix, but only made things worst. After telling 2k Support all I wrote here, this was their first answer

Quote:
Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I know that you want to get back on the court, so I'm going to do all I can to help you out.

From what I understand, you downloaded the Prelude and are met with the message "We have detected that you have already played NBA 2K17: The Prelude. You will be able to replay it in NBA 2K17.".

Let's start by doing a bit of basic troubleshooting; we recommend starting with a cache clear, this is a common solution to many issues that NBA 2K gamers experience so let me know if it clears things up for you.

Hopefully that helped! I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you but we will do our utmost to get you back on the courts.

Should you have any additional 2K related questions, please feel free to let us know in your next message.
After doing that, nothing was solved of course. I even tried to switch my Xbox One to a different region and reinstall The Prelude from that store. Nothing. So I came back to tell them just that. This was their answer.

Quote:
Thank you for getting back in touch with 2K support!

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing issues and not able to play The Prelude.

If you want to play the only way would be to create a new account.

As we are technical support, we do not have the capability to reset anything unfortunately.

Should you have any other 2K related questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch!

See you on the courts,
I felt a little bit mad since I stated in various messages that I already played the game in other accounts, I just wanted the possibility to play in the same account. So I came back to tell them just that and beg them to read my messages and not send me an answer like that. If they don't have the tools, I could understand. So here was the final answer.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting 2K Support!

As already suggested, if you wish you play The Prelude after experiencing the 'play again' error you will have to create a new account.

This is the only available solution, we apologize for the inconvenience.

The NBA 2K17 Prelude is a demo mode and as such you only get one play through.

You'll be able to continue your MyCareer journey with the release of NBA 2K17!

We're happy you enjoyed The Prelude, and if you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us!
At this point it feels like talking to a wall. I guess I have to be in peace with it, knowing they won't patch s**t and that 2k support can not help with a matter not that big...

Click for NBA 2k13 gameplays :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Rookie

SugeKnight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2K Support answer to "Already Played" error

LMAO don't bother with 2k support fam
They got standard replies for everything. It's like talking to a robot.

Did you ask Siri yet?
Old 09-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaitaib
At this point it feels like talking to a wall. I guess I have to be in peace with it, knowing they won't patch s**t and that 2k support can not help with a matter not that big...
I've noticed this trend in dealing with customer support with all kinds of companies. It seems as if they're actually programed to only understand you on the third repeat!
Old 09-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugeKnight
LMAO don't bother with 2k support fam
They got standard replies for everything. It's like talking to a robot.

Did you ask Siri yet?
One time I reformatted my ps and it made it so I couldn't upgrade my player anymore cuz it deleted my career. They refunded me vc to make a new dude, and I was pretty happy about that.

Another time I got froze at the end of a high stakes stage game (hate stage cuz it's always kicking me out), where it just shows the coins going into it and never goes past that... and I wrote them like man I just lost all this VC. And dude wrote back like... do you have proof, a video or a screen shot? It's like lol.... that made me mad, but luckily, something must have righted itself cuz I logged in a day later and got my VC.

I don't think they're all bad, but I do think a lot of them don't have a great grasp of English. I think companies get to you by getting people who don't understand English so they don't have to give you good support.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »