Home

The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

This is a discussion on The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #33
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

Not really a fan of posters reporting other posters but other than that.. I approve.

I just hope that posters with negative opinions wont be labeled as trolls from the get-go thus leading to abusive permbans.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Good idea mate.

I'm pretty bad at the game so I started coming here a few years ago to get a bit of help. So anything that enables people like myself to get information easily without all the negativity is much appreciated.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #35
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
Not really a fan of posters reporting other posters but other than that.. I approve.
Not all reported posts are acted on... I mean, there are several users that hit the button on accident when trying to post normally.

Anytime a post is reported, we look at the context of the conversation and/or the history of the poster. It's easy to see a user not posting in the "OS way" and want to set aright said user but it's MUCH better to report the post, allow the mods to review it and you yourself move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
I just hope that posters with negative opinions wont be labeled as trolls from the get-go thus leading to abusive permbans.
Negative opinions are ok as long it's constructive and mature. There will always be features about a game that we don't like/enjoy and think is unnecessary; we should post maturely as if somebody is looking at our post and is trying to understand why we think so and what would be a good idea to fix it. The gameplay director (Mike Wang) said here on OS a few weeks back he looks at every impression post for feedback so you have a voice - you just need to ensure it's utilized effectively.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #36
Pro

nddot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Not all reported posts are acted on... I mean, there are several users that hit the button on accident when trying to post normally.

Anytime a post is reported, we look at the context of the conversation and/or the history of the poster. It's easy to see a user not posting in the "OS way" and want to set aright said user but it's MUCH better to report the post, allow the mods to review it and you yourself move on.

Negative opinions are ok as long it's constructive and mature. There will always be features about a game that we don't like/enjoy and think is unnecessary; we should post maturely as if somebody is looking at our post and is trying to understand why we think so and what would be a good idea to fix it. The gameplay director (Mike Wang) said here on OS a few weeks back he looks at every impression post for feedback so you have a voice - you just need to ensure it's utilized effectively.

Great !

Then i fully support this move
Old 09-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #37
Pro

glad to see you guys take this position. OS used to be the only forum where you could avoid the unnecessary banter - ive been lurking on OS for ever but only posting for a couple years. it was like the barbershop of sports gaming - somehow the youtube gaming community found us lmao (sorry to the youtubers i like lobmob, sampham, ipodkingcarter, shakedown2012, brutalsim, and others).

there is a difference between passionately disagreeing about something and having a constructive dialog versus petty arguing. i love discussing this game with folks that really play this game as well as the devs!!! but when you pour your professional heart and soul into a project and its met with only complaint after complaint - youre going to stop coming around.

heres to hoping the old OS culture returns!

goodjob mods!
Old 09-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #38
Rookie

It's all good. however, I think most people who are on here just to argue are about to disappear in 4 days.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #39
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Approved.

This forum was starting to feel more and more like the original NBA 2K Forums. I don't mind people voicing their opinion, but it's too much when I see your same opinion in every thread just a little bit relative to your complaint.

Granted, I've been guilty of it too on some topics. Glad that I only got a warning last week .
Old 09-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #40
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

This was absolutely needed. Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »