Home

The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

This is a discussion on The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:26 AM   #49
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
My favorite are the "they could fix such-n-such in 15 minutes if they would just quit being lazy" comments. I have never been a game developer, and I have never written a single line of computer code; however, I know better than to assume something is a quick and/or easy fix when it comes to programming. There were a number of years there where I was very critical of the direction Madden and NCAA Football were taking, but I always tried to be civil and constructive. These guys care about the product they put out there, and they have a vested interest in making the best game they possibly can. Resorting to name-calling, turning every little flaw into some kind of game-breaking problem, and questioning the developers' work ethic doesn't do anyone any good.

This forum doesn't need to be an echo-chamber of everyone agreeing how great 2K17 is. There's a place for negativity, and in fact, I like reading other people's criticisms. Sometimes it brings things up that I hadn't noticed before. But some people definitely take it too far. Hopefully the new policy does its job and makes for an even more constructive environment.
How about a crackdown on all the wannabe moderators on this site who go searching for any negative opinions and derail threads complaining about complaints?

Funny how it seems so one sided.

I don't see a thing wrong with saying a certain developer dropped the ball or whatever. Like with MLO, I don't see how you can describe that as anything but the devs deceiving us over several seasons now and then focusing on something completely different instead of bringing back the fully working online association we want.

Last edited by KGDunks; 09-13-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #50
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
How about a crackdown on all the wannabe moderators on this site who go searching for any negative opinions and derail threads complaining about complaints?

I don't see a thing wrong with saying a certain developer dropped the ball or whatever. Like with MLO, I don't see how you can describe that as anything but the devs deceiving us over several seasons now and then focusing on something completely different instead of bringing back the fully working online association we want.
Nothing is one sided. Guys calling out the developers of this game as lazy or dropping the ball is uncalled for.

No other sports game delivers like this game does, despite it's obvious flaws in the game play and art department.

There are other ways than going about voicing your displeasure that doesn't involve acting like a spoiled brat going into every thread and acting like the 2K team deliberately harmed you or your family.

Constructive criticism is easy. Instead of calling them lazy, or saying they deceived us in every damn thread, how about you offer solutions. Make a presentation showing why you're upset with comparison pictures, possible solutions and any help you can offer to the 2K team?

Nah, a lot of you guys don't wanna do that. It's a lot easier to criticize and harp on the developers of a game you're going to buy any way. How do you think guys from this forum got hired to work at 2K? Constructive criticism, creating a report with the devs to the point where they actually come here to us for help.

Yeah well, after this year I don't think that will be happening anymore. So many of the people on here acting like children, it's insane. There's NOTHING wrong with not liking something, hell, I'm not a big fan of the player models but I'm not going to call them lazy, lying deceiters because that's just not the case.

On the subject of my league online, Leftos was kind enough to come here and explain to all of you why they couldn't implement everything they wanted to. Time, resources and difficulty coding everything. They're still striving to make the online portion just like offline. The fact that some of you just think it's so easy to do, and basically spit on his explanation is pathetic.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being an outright jerk.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 11:25 AM   #51
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks

I'll address this:

Because you don't know anything about game development or the time/resource constraints put on the team you are discussing.

If you can show me you do have knowledge on the 2K development process (internal knowledge) than I will be more than happy to let you call them whatever you wish because you will be doing it with an informed opinion.

And I'm not a wanna be mod, I'm the Forum Admin, so let's not pretend that I'm chasing you around looking for a reason.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #52
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Just now seeing this.

Definitely on board.

This forum was the reason I joined OS, nice to see the effort to clean things up
Old 09-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #53
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

The more and more I'm here, I'm starting to feel the same also. I'm tired of seeing dumb threads or comments from ppl. Sometimes ppl's negative energy can make you not want to go to certain areas on OS or even post. Now don't get me wrong because I do like to complain a lot but doing it in a smart way is what ppl need to learn.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Guys,

Please remember respect runs both way, and I expect respect to come from everyone here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
this is perhaps one the biggest misses of the past few weeks.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:01 PM   #55
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I hope there isn't any favoritism because some members think they can pretty much say what they want if they're well liked or been around for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #56
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

If there is, then speak up to Mil or any other Mod if it bothers you or anyone else.

Not trying to be a smart***(for once)that's really the only alternative if it bothers you or anyone else. Definitely a better option than all the silly subliminals or lowkey disses that people like to throw out at other poster or certain groups of posters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »