Home

The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

This is a discussion on The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
The biggest problems in the 2k forums in my op was

1. Complaining about complainers - guys who think that their opinions matter more than others complaining and downing a thread bc a guy posts a thread about accessory colors or whatever and just bc they don't think its important they make sure they COMMENT something sarcastic to get a cosign to try and derail a persons constructive criticism smh.

2. Guys who think their opinions matter more than others........I may have said that already...........
very well said....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
The biggest problems in the 2k forums in my op was

1. Complaining about complainers - guys who think that their opinions matter more than others complaining and downing a thread bc a guy posts a thread about accessory colors or whatever and just bc they don't think its important they make sure they COMMENT something sarcastic to get a cosign to try and derail a persons constructive criticism smh.

2. Guys who think their opinions matter more than others........I may have said that already...........
I agree with this to a point. If you want to make a thread about how the Knicks and the Bulls have the wrong color headbands...feel free. I dont think thats an important issue but I'm not going to derail your thread.

If you want to post in a thread about wrong colors and complain about accessory colors...feel free.

If there a trailer and you notice that the accessory colors are off....feel free to state that.

What we dont need is you making the same complaint about accessory colors in EVERY trailer thread. The community doesnt need you derailing threads about the entire game or other aspects of the game because your team has the wrong shade of color (in your opinion) or your favorite player's arms are too skinny or too fat.

Also lets stop acting like every opinion is equal because they arent. There are alot of dumb opinions and I'm not going to treat them on the same level as opinions that are supported by fact. I'm not going to treat an issue that is only a major problem with some people with the same amount of concern that I do a problem that most people notice.

If accessory colors (or something like that) are an issue so big that you consider the game unplayable, thats fine. Make a thread about the issue. Tweet the devs and ask them to fix it.

Just dont derail every major thread spouting the same things so that you can bring attention to something that only you deem a major issue.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I agree with this to a point. If you want to make a thread about how the Knicks and the Bulls have the wrong color headbands...feel free. I dont think thats an important issue but I'm not going to derail your thread.

If you want to post in a thread about wrong colors and complain about accessory colors...feel free.

If there a trailer and you notice that the accessory colors are off....feel free to state that.

What we dont need is you making the same complaint about accessory colors in EVERY trailer thread. The community doesnt need you derailing threads about the entire game or other aspects of the game because your team has the wrong shade of color (in your opinion) or your favorite player's arms are too skinny or too fat.

Also lets stop acting like every opinion is equal because they arent. There are alot of dumb opinions and I'm not going to treat them on the same level as opinions that are supported by fact. I'm not going to treat an issue that is only a major problem with some people with the same amount of concern that I do a problem that most people notice.

If accessory colors (or something like that) are an issue so big that you consider the game unplayable, thats fine. Make a thread about the issue. Tweet the devs and ask them to fix it.

Just dont derail every major thread spouting the same things so that you can bring attention to something that only you deem a major issue.
of course not every opinion is a great one. that comes with communal discussions....about ANY topic under the sun. but instead of beating people up over what YOU think isnt a great opinion, you can simply overlook the thread. you can exercise just as much restraint/discretion as the next man.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
of course not every opinion is a great one. that comes with communal discussions....about ANY topic under the sun. but instead of beating people up over what YOU think isnt a great opinion, you can simply overlook the thread. you can exercise just as much restraint/discretion as the next man.
Why should I have to do that? If I'm in a thread about changes to My League, I'm interested in reading about changes to My League. Now if someone comes in and says:

"Who cares about these changes? Why cant 2k fix Andrew Wiggins's skiny arms?"

Why am I the one that has to avoid the thread?

I'm here to discuss the My League changes. I'm in the right thread for that. The person with the Wiggins complaint has several other options (post in other art/player model threads or start a Wiggins specific thread).

I'm not beating people up about having a dumb or unpopular opinion. Just make them in the right place and dont feel the need to constantly flood the community with that same opinion.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #69
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Why should I have to do that? If I'm in a thread about changes to My League, I'm interested in reading about changes to My League. Now if someone comes in and says:

"Who cares about these changes? Why cant 2k fix Andrew Wiggins's skiny arms?"

Why am I the one that has to avoid the thread?

I'm here to discuss the My League changes. I'm in the right thread for that. The person with the Wiggins complaint has several other options (post in other art/player model threads or start a Wiggins specific thread).

I'm not beating people up about having a dumb or unpopular opinion. Just make them in the right place and dont feel the need to constantly flood the community with that same opinion.
Before Mill created this thread this was my biggest two issues with this forum

1) Agenda posters - While most of the time there point is valid, they don't need to post the same thing in thread after thread... they especially don't need to be making off topic post (art post in a game play thread or MyLeague post in a Pro Am thread, etc.). If you do have a complaint, then there's likely a thread for you to post it in. Just remember to be constructive.

2) Complaining about complainers - If someone has a complaint and it's posted in the correct thread others don't need to tell them that their problem (no matter how big or small) shouldn't be an issue. We're all different and we all have different things that we want in our virtual b-ball world. Just because just because something isn't an issue to you, doesn't mean it isn't to them. Everyone should be respectful of one another. The key here is that the initial poster needs to post their complaint constructively and shouldn't spam multiple threads with same thing.

Both of these really fall into Thread Hijacking because normally when the two sides have an exchange bickering ensues and we end up with pages of clutter and the thread gets derailed. All we're asking is that people post their constructive criticisms in the proper place and if someone is doing so and someone else see's the need to come in and tell them that they're opinion isn't valid, then that's just as big of a problem.

If someone see's someone doing one or the other all we're asking you to do is instead of getting into a back and fourth argument with them just report them and let us handle it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but my question is.

Are you a 2k forum moderator?

If not did the moderators ask you to speak for them?

If not just get over it bruh it's gonna happen.
I don't even make threads about accessory colors but I'm not going to spend time to comment some corny sarcastic remark or cosign any "cornyism" coming from anybody.

It's kids on here but ppl always see it fit to call everybody who makes a comment about something they think is less significant a kid. It could be ppl on here with different kinds of disabilities or anything we don't know.

You may THINK your comments matter more but if 2k is listening to the accessory guys enough to make the changes they want to see I'm sure you get the picture. Just get over it dude.

Side note calling someone a kid is a soft way of saying you lack mental compacity compared to the person who is name calling in my opinion. While nobody has EVER called me a kid in this forum I've seen other ppl called kids and if somebody does call me one I might get internet gangster and get banned BC that IS DISRESPECT. It's used on this site as a substitute for other explicit language or disrespectful terms. We all know how these dudes get down.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 09-15-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I'm not trying to be disrespectful but my question is.

Are you a 2k forum moderator?

If not did the moderators ask you to speak for them?

If not just get over it bruh it's gonna happen.
I don't even make threads about accessory colors but I'm not going to spend time to comment some corny sarcastic remark or cosign any "cornyism" coming from anybody.

It's kids on here but ppl always see it fit to call everybody who makes a comment about something they think is less significant a kid. It could be ppl on here with different kinds of disabilities or anything we don't know.

You may THINK your comments matter more but if 2k is listening to the accessory guys enough to make the changes they want to see I'm sure you get the picture. Just get over it dude.

Side note calling someone a kid is a soft way of saying you lack mental compact compared to the person who is name calling in my opinion. While nobody has EVER called me a kid I've seen other ppl called kids and if somebody does call me one I might get internet gangster and get banned BC that IS DISRESPECT. It's used on this site as a substitute for other explicit language or disrespectful terms. We all know how these dudes get down.
I was an admin of this site for 3 yrs and a mod for much longer than that. So I know the rules of this site and the reason why the mods and the admins do what they do.

The rest of your post is all over the place:

- I have no idea what "cornyism" is or what that has to do with the argument you are making.

- Ive never called anyone a kid or seen the term "kid" used much here so I have no idea what you are talking about.

- You obviously didnt read my post. I said accessory comments are fine. They just need to be in the right place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
I was an admin of this site for 3 yrs and a mod for much longer than that. So I know the rules of this site and the reason why the mods and the admins do what they do.

The rest of your post is all over the place:

- I have no idea what "cornyism" is or what that has to do with the argument you are making.

- Ive never called anyone a kid or seen the term "kid" used much here so I have no idea what you are talking about.

- You obviously didnt read my post. I said accessory comments are fine. They just need to be in the right place.
OK respect you were admin for 3 yrs

Are you a modder now?

-Coryism is not a word I put emphasis on it BC I made it up lol pay no attention to that if it doesn't apply.

- I never said you called anyone a kid, but I'm sure you were just making yourself clear so no sweat.

- I'm aware you said saccessory color comments were fine. My point was if you are not a present day moderator, you sure do have a habit of speaking from a perspective of one when you are telling ppl "what we need" and is fine and what is not if you have no control over it.

So I'm saying if this continues which it will what are YOU going to do?

You gotta get over it man or try to ignore it. Or if telling a moderator is your thing just do that but it's no need to hold a conversation with or provoke someone with your comments about how displeased YOU are with their complaint.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 09-15-2016 at 04:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »