Home

The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

This is a discussion on The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #49
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaula
Great vid man! Can't wait full game

Question for all: why should I shoot with RS adding the risk of misdirect the shot while I could continue using square button?

I think it also gives you a better chance of making the shot if you do shoot straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #50
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

Re: The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

First 3 clips are examples of how to use change of speed.

Attack the defense right when they relax.

Quote:
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #51
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Cool. Hopefully I won't have trouble.

To clarify, not implying poor design or unresponsiveness. I'm just anticipating difficulty adjusting to the absolute controls for shooting. I've used relative controls since they've been available.
I don't think they ever had relative controls for shooting jumpers, well maybe for banks?

Before you didn't necessary have to shoot at 6 o'clock for the best aim now you do. The only thing I keep doing every now and then is I want to fade on some of the jumpers so I pull the stick away at times which is possible in 2K16 on the pro stick but in 2K17 is a bad aim with the pro stick. I just need to unlearn what I have doing in 2K16 and 15

The only thing I see for me personally is relative controls on broadcast makes it harder for me to have consistent pull up dribble mechanics out of a a combo dribble because I am moving my thumb differently depending on where I am on the court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #52
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I don't think they ever had relative controls for shooting jumpers, well maybe for banks?

Before you didn't necessary have to shoot at 6 o'clock for the best aim now you do. The only thing I keep doing every now and then is I want to fade on some of the jumpers so I pull the stick away at times which is possible in 2K16 on the pro stick but in 2K17 is a bad aim with the pro stick. I just need to unlearn what I have doing in 2K16 and 15

The only thing I see for me personally is relative controls on broadcast makes it harder for me to have consistent pull up dribble mechanics out of a a combo dribble because I am moving my thumb differently depending on where I am on the court.
luckily i play alot of fifa and we know how many tricks you gotta be able to pull of on the sticks in that game lol.. and the stick works the same as 2k in broadcast.

Quote:
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #53
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme

No relative shooting for basic jump shots, but away from basket when driving across the lane for step backs, and away from basket while driving towards the lane for floaters/runners. It's this inconsistency that worries me since we'll have one type of jumper that's absolute.

Are pull ups absolute only or relative? I don't see them on the controls list I found.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 0

That handoff in the post at 1:00 in the first vid was beautiful and fluid
Old 09-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #55
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

https://youtu.be/mFa_N8eAHzA

https://youtu.be/YlJNjEQ_FAA

Simple double Jab step
https://youtu.be/a6b3cbcMXLI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 09-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #56
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
No relative shooting for basic jump shots, but away from basket when driving across the lane for step backs, and away from basket while driving towards the lane for floaters/runners. It's this inconsistency that worries me since we'll have one type of jumper that's absolute.

Are pull ups absolute only or relative? I don't see them on the controls list I found.
Pull ups are straight down absolute for all jumpers. So no special aiming required whether you are on absolute or relative controls.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=506

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=418

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=412

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=256

I think these posts by Mike Wang will clear it up for you.

Stepbacks can't be done on the shot stick. You can do the escape dribble as a step back though.

Just learned something though fades must be performed using the left stick away. I was trying to do it with the right pro stick that was messing me up.

Seems like there could be a little confusion between runners and jumpers if you play on absolute controls.

down = away on absolute so you would do a runner probably if moving or sometimes a dribble pull up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »