Home

The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

This is a discussion on The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #57
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Pull ups are straight down absolute for all jumpers. So no special aiming required whether you are on absolute or relative controls.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=506

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=418

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=412

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=256

I think these posts by Mike Wang will clear it up for you.

Stepbacks can't be done on the shot stick. You can do the escape dribble as a step back though.

Just learned something though fades must be performed using the left stick away. I was trying to do it with the right pro stick that was messing me up.

Seems like there could be a little confusion between runners and jumpers if you play on absolute controls.

down = away on absolute so you would do a runner probably if moving or sometimes a dribble pull up.
im pretty sure you can do stepbacks with the rs but you have to point the left stick away from the basket simultaneously ..ill check in a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #58
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The New NBA 2K17 Right Stick Dribbling Mechanics are A1. (WHITE PG #1 HIGHLIGHTS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
im pretty sure you can do stepbacks with the rs but you have to point the left stick away from the basket simultaneously ..ill check in a bit
Yeah I thought I did something with the PG like that looked like a step back, it looked a little weird with the pro stick. Wasn't sure it was the same thing.

I think that is a little non-intuitive on the controls. According to the controls page this is a step back

Quote:
Stepback: RT + Move Right Stick away from hoop, then quickly release
That is what I use because it creates the most space you still have a live dribble. I think it is an escape away/back

I guess there are two types probably an escape away which is a step back and probably a way to do step back without a live dribble

Last edited by stillfeelme; 09-12-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #59
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
https://youtu.be/mFa_N8eAHzA

https://youtu.be/YlJNjEQ_FAA

Simple double Jab step
https://youtu.be/a6b3cbcMXLI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
second move was niceeee

Quote:
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 0

@krazyboy225 great job my dude, I would like to request if you don't mind. That you create a thread "how to dribble" and let people know your combination input scheme.

Like CrossOver/Spin/Stepback = Flick RS to off hand, rotate RS counter-clockwise Hold R2 while flicking RS backwards

We know mileage may vary from player to player, but it would be great How to guide for old heads like me.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #61
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
If you're having trouble getting past the defense in The Prelude, you better get in the Gym.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the combos people are to pull of this year.

Post some highlights guys!

Edit.

First 3 are examples of using change of speed to attack the defense.
Lots of good stuff in these videos, and in the thread itself.

Question for those of you who have gotten used to this already:

Do you need to time your stick movements to line up with the player? Meaning that if I want to do a double cross, for example, I have to crossover, then wait until I'm in the position to execute the second cross before hitting the stick back? Or is it like last year where you essentially queue up your inputs? Maybe that's my issue, because I went in assuming it would be like last year where to do a double cross, you just go left then right on the stick regardless of where at in the animation you are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #62
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Lots of good stuff in these videos, and in the thread itself.

Question for those of you who have gotten used to this already:

Do you need to time your stick movements to line up with the player? Meaning that if I want to do a double cross, for example, I have to crossover, then wait until I'm in the position to execute the second cross before hitting the stick back? Or is it like last year where you essentially queue up your inputs? Maybe that's my issue, because I went in assuming it would be like last year where to do a double cross, you just go left then right on the stick regardless of where at in the animation you are.
you can kind of queue it up but it wont look as crisp..

you kinda have to just keep playing to get a good feel of each player and best time to execute each move

Quote:
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #63
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
@krazyboy225 great job my dude, I would like to request if you don't mind. That you create a thread "how to dribble" and let people know your combination input scheme.

Like CrossOver/Spin/Stepback = Flick RS to off hand, rotate RS counter-clockwise Hold R2 while flicking RS backwards

We know mileage may vary from player to player, but it would be great How to guide for old heads like me.

I'll try to make on later tonight of PG #1 doing some of my favourite combos

Quote:
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #64
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

The way they're getting bamboozled in the demo, OG and Czar should file a hostile work environment claim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »