Home

2001 Sixers vs Raptors

This is a discussion on 2001 Sixers vs Raptors within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #9
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2001 Sixers vs Raptors

I'm disappointed too when it comes to these classic teams. I'm more of a current era guy most of the time but it's fun to play with these classic teams from time to time. I appreciate that 2k is pretty up to date with the current rosters, I always feel like the current rosters should be top priority (and they have been) but I'd really like for them to focus on classic teams a bit more than they have been for 2k18
Old 09-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #10
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Dikembe is looking strong as hell! hahahaha
Old 09-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
The shoulder length on the jersey isn't wide enough; very distracting to me.
Small thing but true. I think we may have talked about this last week. Usually wouldn't be too big of a deal but in terms of authenticity, those '01 76ers were basically rocking shoulder pads up top.

Regarding only nine 76ers making the cut, I can roll with that. I wish Raja Bell was there, and any loss on that team is going to hurt its online presence (their offense is so bare to begin with), but for offline folks, we can fill that in, though bringing back individual player DNA downloads would help.

Also, Allen Iverson's hair doesn't look grey from afar in that video clip. That's progress, right?

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-12-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

We lost the 85 Sixers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
We lost the 85 Sixers?
That's the word going around. Seemed like they were on the ropes for a few years now; ever since their first inclusion, in fact. I think 2K thought they had Charles Barkley lined up in 2K12, leading to choosing the '85 76ers instead of the '83 championship team. Then when Barkley didn't sign, and Andrew Toney too, they were left with a skeleton squad there.

Add on Moses Malone's death (and the apparent difficulty of hanging onto players' rights once they've passed) and there wasn't a lot left on that squad. I would have been okay with keeping them on board just for The Spectrum, older Dr. J, and all else, but I reluctantly understand.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
ANOTHER legend now missing??

So we've lost the entire 85 Sixers. Nash is gone from both The classic Suns and Mavs, and now Raja is missing too?

Wow.

Legends are getting butchered.

Really wish 2k could invest in replacement players or teams to fill the void.

Is there a video or list of teams/players out? I haven't seen one yet. As a guy who spends a majority of his playtime using legend players, it'd be welcome to see what's in/out.

Likeness licenses are tough (RE: Charles Barkley), so I expect a few guys here and there to not be in the game year in and year out. Steve Nash and especially 'The Chairman of the Boards' possibly being out would be sad, but I'll fight through it.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:44 AM   #15
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0

How could they not get the correct jerseys? smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 03:56 AM   #16
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Relying on caps after we've had the real thing is almost like a kick in the sack. Is anyone actually going to enjoy running around with a created version of Steve Nash? Hell, now the Sixers have gone, we even lose Doctor J - used to love matching him up against young Mike.

I realise it's completely out of our hands but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

I'm so close to not purchasing this year. Seems every other week there's more news relating to legends being nerfed or removed from the game - I'm not seeing much that's making me want to play 2k17 at the moment, unless I ditch the legends completely and just use the current day teams - which kinda defeats the entire reason I even buy the game.

I dunno. Searching for some inspiration to buy the game, not finding much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »