Home

NBA 2K17 Jersey & Court Creator

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Jersey & Court Creator within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #1433
Rookie

Toremor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Jersey & Court Creator

To follow my former reply, I present to you guys Atlanta Hawks and my boys the Boston Celtics.

-Home jersey to the left and away to the right-

For Atlanta I did nothing major at all. I just removed the disgusting lazer limeyellow color and returned the nice yella. I really liked how the red, white and yellow colors worked here. I removed any black and made a soft rebrand inspired by the Wilkins era. I found the away uniform was the better of the two:
AH HA.png

For my main boys, the Boston Celtics, i just added gold. Celtics original uniforms are perfection to me. Beside Celtics, there are only two other teams with as iconic uniforms. I tried to be careful and not do too much. I dont want to be blasphemous. There is something pure and organic about the Celtics uniforms, with exception of the black and parquet. There's nothing new about this as there are probably hundreds versions of this concept. I tried to let the mains dominate while the gold was to be more subtle and delicate. I fixed GE sponorship patch to reflect the main tone of the rebrand. I honestly think the Pierce/KG St Patricks jerseys are about as cool as it gets so those were my main inspiration with some creative input by myself. I cant say I actually made an improvement, however I will say I would love something close to these to be the city or statement editions:
BC HA.png
Old 07-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #1434
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Could someone give these guys a try? Minimal changes, but so slick looking. This kid called @srelix3 on Twitter designed a ton of rebrands. Some of them REALLY slick looking.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #1435
Rookie

Toremor's Arena

This is my last post for tonight. This time it's the Miami Heat and Seattle Supersonics.

-Left is home and right is away-

I, as everybody else I know, love the vice uniforms. So for fun I used the vice colors and applied them to the standard Heat uniforms. For the home uniform i added the turq/blue and pink but with black as the differentiator. For the away uniform, I used white. I really liked this concept:
MH HA.png

My concept on the beloved Supersonics is really, really simple. I'm not really done either but I kinda liked the simplicity of it. I like the contrast between green and yellow. There are approximately 14 teams in the NBA with yellow as a main color but only 5 teams have green as part of their identity(if you include the sonics).
I should've screenshot the sides as there is a plane going supersonic from the lower shorts up towards the arm outline. On both home and away they are in green. I finished it all with amazon for the sponsor patch. I did nothing to the neck or waist(something I kinda wanted to do. Maybe I'll add something in the future.) I hope the NBA brings back the Sonics:

SS HA.png
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 06:27 PM   #1436
Rookie

Toremor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Could someone give these guys a try? Minimal changes, but so slick looking. This kid called @srelix3 on Twitter designed a ton of rebrands. Some of them REALLY slick looking.
That looks nice! My take on Minnesota was nothing like that. Only thing I have against it is that blue is such a used color. That concept looks really, really good but I think that's a lot of blue.
I made one with wolf eyes and teeth on the back but forgot to screenshot it. This is how it looked from the front. I gave the team a different green which I think popped more.
I can try one day!

My concept, without the backs:
MT HA.png
Old 07-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #1437
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I like that pop of green on there man. Well done.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:48 AM   #1438
Rookie

Toremor's Arena

Here is the Srelix version. I did it in a hurry so its by no means perfect at all. As you can see the wolf is missing, the colors arent exactly right either(2k needs to add a hex coding system, it would've made things so much easier!) I ran out of layers and the trees arent exactly right but they are somewhat close, if you squint. Also the gradient was kinda hard to proportionate. Basically there's a lot of things that is not right here but as a fast draft I'm pleased about it.

Anyways, here it is:

srelix project.jpg
Old 07-27-2018, 08:01 AM   #1439
Rookie

Toremor's Arena

-Left home and right away-

For the Mavericks I wanted something bright and fun but still keeping that nice skyline logo. I played around with the bright blue and navy and I am really happy about how they turned out:
DM HA.png

Pistons have been an issue for me since I can remember. I really like the bad boy pistons uniforms and Im kinda disappointed Detroit haven't tried to come up with something more "tough" and "gritty". One problem I have with a lot of nba teams are the color choices. There are so many with either color blue and/or red in their identity. There are approximately 15 teams with blue and 13 with red. So to tone it down I included the color black and the side stripes on each side is reversed. I also took the liberty of correcting the wordmark so they match and have the same "angles". I edited the new updated logo a little bit and put the jersey number inside it:
DP HA.png

Last edited by Toremor; 07-27-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: text
Old 07-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #1440
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I hope 2k19s jersey and court creator returns to how the 2k17 version was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »