Home

Perfect swish with real% FG

This is a discussion on Perfect swish with real% FG within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Perfect swish with real% FG

Is it possible? Seem to be impossible for me using real% FG.
Played a lot of matches with a lot of teams and I didn’t remember any.
When you see a real NBA game you can see and hear that marvelous melody of nylon repeatedly.
Obliged to use timing FG?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Perfect swish with real% FG

Literally, every time you release a jumper on Real FG% it considers the shot "very late" no matter how you release it. It's why you brick every shot online if you play with it. They just need to get rid of shot timing almost entirely and really focus on ratings.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

What I’ve done is raise 3pt success in my sliders up until I see the swishes, then I’d also raise the jump shot defense to compensate. So far I have 3s and swish 3s going in at a realistic rate.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 01-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Literally, every time you release a jumper on Real FG% it considers the shot "very late" no matter how you release it. It's why you brick every shot online if you play with it. They just need to get rid of shot timing almost entirely and really focus on ratings.
That is the point. Now I'm using user timing for shooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
What I’ve done is raise 3pt success in my sliders up until I see the swishes, then I’d also raise the jump shot defense to compensate. So far I have 3s and swish 3s going in at a realistic rate.
What value do you use for 3pt? I don't want irrealistic 3P% for perfect swish
Old 01-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I love the idea, but I don't think it'd ever fly with the "skill gap" crowd. I think the easiest solution is for user timing to modify the chance of the ball going in. Say a shooter is rated such that their base percentage on a given shot is 45 %. A normal release (early or late) should give about that percentage. (I'd actually like to see a return to the slightly early/late and add in late and very late for this). A late release would see a drop of about 15% to 30. Very late, you'd be down to a slim chance of making the shot, about 10-15%. A perfect release would net you a 60-65% chance of the ball going in. This would create a skill gap while still putting a lot of emphasis on the player you're controlling.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
No they shouldnt. that takes zero skill. you need to have both.
the problem is just pressing and releasing a button is no longer good enough to be a fair depiction of a jumpshot in a video game. meaning there needs to be more into shooting and making those shots from the users point of view.

You need to have to aim it, you need to also have to balance yourself. if you include those two things into the game for shooting. the legit shot contests will work better without having to OP defender badges and what not to make it bother shooters. you would no longer have shooters not even fully turned around splashing 3's with ease or having guys all over them just draining from darn near half court. but 2k will not implement something like that because of the casual players. its too many of them to the point where 2k attempts to give the casual users a ton of automatic stuff like auto steals, auto blocks at times, auto post moves at times, etc. etc.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:41 AM   #7
Banned

Really its true?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I love the idea, but I don't think it'd ever fly with the "skill gap" crowd. I think the easiest solution is for user timing to modify the chance of the ball going in. Say a shooter is rated such that their base percentage on a given shot is 45 %. A normal release (early or late) should give about that percentage. (I'd actually like to see a return to the slightly early/late and add in late and very late for this). A late release would see a drop of about 15% to 30. Very late, you'd be down to a slim chance of making the shot, about 10-15%. A perfect release would net you a 60-65% chance of the ball going in. This would create a skill gap while still putting a lot of emphasis on the player you're controlling.
I have been saying this forever. Greens should mean you have a perfect release to give your shot the best chance to go in. THEY SHOULD NOT MEAN A DEFINITE BASKET!

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »