Home

How is the shooting in NBA 2K17?

This is a discussion on How is the shooting in NBA 2K17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #9
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How is the shooting in NBA 2K17?

I feel like I made more shots that weren't near the end of the meter unless it was green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #10
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbo01
The animations make it feel much more fluid. I'm worried the shot stick boost will be unfair boosts for no real reason.
its alot harder to push the stick directly 100% up or down than to push a button amirite? Boost is legit
Old 09-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea I like using real fg% personally. That way, the attributes are 100% in effect instead of me manipulating the shot.
I've been a real fg% user forever, but the way shooting feels now with the stick, I'm feeling temped to try User timing out and then gauge how much the percentages are affected either way. If the percentages are within 4 or 5 points of the players norm, then I might use it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #12
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't say exactly on the shooting itself. It could just be the new game feel but creating separation for shots makes the whole sequence feel smoother in my opinion. I personally hated trying to pull up off the dribble in 16.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-12-2016, 11:55 PM   #13
Rookie

JazzaJDN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea I like using real fg% personally. That way, the attributes are 100% in effect instead of me manipulating the shot.

Totally agree - I'd imagine that the majority of the guys who play My League/GM who are after a more sim experience would be playing real fg%
Old 09-13-2016, 01:16 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Speaking as a person who is strictly a button shooter the shooting didn't feel a whole lot different in my time in 2ku than it did with 2k16. The execution does feel a bit better but I can't tell a big difference. I'm relieved though, because I thought that button shooting may have gotten some type of penalty to try to force people to use the stick. That doesn't appear to be the case.
There's not a penalty, but if you're solid on the stick on the higher levels allstar to HOF it'd be worth a try to receive a potential boost.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20160912-233020.png (323.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20160912-233307.png (428.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 09-13-2016, 02:57 AM   #15
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

Isn't Prelude on rookie difficulty? Because after so many builds I started messing around through the games and made some ridiculous shots consistently. So it's tough to tell in that sense.

But as far as the new shot meter goes, I like it on jumpers. Free throws not so much. Who pulls their analog straight down? My thumb comes from an angle, thus I push at an angle even if I'm trying to go directly down.

Still using x on most of jumpers, btw. That muscle memory...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 03:21 AM   #16
Rookie

SHOT STICK BOOST EXPLAINED

After hours of playing 2ku and experimenting I believe I found what the boost is and I'll explain it below...

Shooting a good quality shot with just the button and having a slightly earlier or slightly late release gives you a good chance at making shot ,as long as player rating for the type of shot/quality of shot is at least decent.

The Boost:
with the pro stick if you have slightly early or late release BUT with a green arrow for aim (green aim very easy to get compared to green releases fyi) you get a bit of a boost in terms of chances of making the shot compared to a slightly early or slightly late release with just the button. Seems that the boost only occurs when you get the perfect green aim and from what I've see there's a few degrees leniency left or right and still being able to get the green aim release. You will notice the boost more depending on the rating of players jump shots. #1 and #3 are best shooter in 2ku and you'll notice it most with them as opposed to the other players on the team.

Also, when shooting with pro stick, you can slightly miss your aim a tad bit left or right (tad bit off where it's barely not green aim) and still get a perfect green release on the timing aspect of the jumpshot and it will over rule your tad bit off aiming (only if it's a tad bit off) and you'll get the 100% shot guarantee of a normal button press green release (this rarely happens btw, only hapoend twice so far after hours of playing).

Negative aspect of pro stick shooting:

BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR AIM. There is a little dash looking white line toward bottom of meter inthe middle when shooting with pro stick that shows how far left or right you were compared to center. If you can get at least part of your aiming arrow to be touching the white line after a shot release (specially if you can get it to be a green arrow which means very precise aim) then you should be more consistent as a shooter specially with good perimeter shooters.
IF YOU STRUGGLE TO AIM consistently down the middle you will miss shots that you normally might make when using just the button.

Its a give and take/risk reward situation that I'm loving because the best shooters, which will be those who master the pro stick shooting, will have to have skills and consistent mechanics when aiming with their thumb using the pro stick. It's the closest thing to replicating a real life jumpshot that the virtual world of videogames has developed because it makes you feel like you have to have some kind of similar jumpshot mechanics and rythym when using the your thumb as you do when shooting real life jumpers with consistent rythym and mechanics if that makes since...

PRACTICE/LEARN THE PRO STICK TO SHOOT it's a very rewarding feeling, specially to those who've played in real life and like the feeling of proper mechanics and rythym of jumpshots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »