Home

Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11?

This is a discussion on Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #25
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11?

Whoa! Let's not get CRAZY, here...
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 09:34 AM   #26
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I put 2K11 right there with NFL 2K5. Both took incredible leaps during it's time. Th whole Jordan experience along with the gameplay/ It was just an overall great experience.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #27
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0

I am an outlier for sure, but I enjoyed 2K14 the most (and still think it has the best graphics to date in a basketball game).
Old 09-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #28
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

IMHO, NBA 2K16 was that game on RELEASE DAY, then came the patches due to the excessive whining.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I very rarely post here but for a 2k11 topic I can't resist.

In my opinion, what made 2k11 so special, aside from the major leap forward from 2k10 in terms of gameplay, was the attention to classic rosters and the unreal support it got from the online roster creation community.

The opening with MJ coming out of the tunnel, the inclusion of the flawlessly executed MJ mode...just amazing. Then once the roster sets from guys like PortlandBlazer came out? It was just incredible.

I would rank 2k12 as the best of the series personally. The hack for roster editors to pull legends from the DLC expanded on what made 2k11 have such a long shelf life for me. The improved post game was amazing and it refined some of the cheese from 11.

I thought 2k16 was solid but very sluggish and the neglect the classic teams get kills me. I don't hold out much hope for the classic rosters this year but more explosive feel for players and the focus on defense has me intrigued.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #30
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
I am an outlier for sure, but I enjoyed 2K14 the most (and still think it has the best graphics to date in a basketball game).

2k14 next gen gets my vote for graphics. It's definitely the prettiest 2K ever. The courts, the sweat, the realistic players, but gameplay was iffy at times. But great in others. 2k11 is still probably my fav.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #31
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC1213
I very rarely post here but for a 2k11 topic I can't resist.

In my opinion, what made 2k11 so special, aside from the major leap forward from 2k10 in terms of gameplay, was the attention to classic rosters and the unreal support it got from the online roster creation community.

The opening with MJ coming out of the tunnel, the inclusion of the flawlessly executed MJ mode...just amazing. Then once the roster sets from guys like PortlandBlazer came out? It was just incredible.

I would rank 2k12 as the best of the series personally. The hack for roster editors to pull legends from the DLC expanded on what made 2k11 have such a long shelf life for me. The improved post game was amazing and it refined some of the cheese from 11.

I thought 2k16 was solid but very sluggish and the neglect the classic teams get kills me. I don't hold out much hope for the classic rosters this year but more explosive feel for players and the focus on defense has me intrigued.
sometimes i asked me if 2k12 is better than 2k11 or not but i alaways come back to say that 2k11 is better just for the classic paint, Phil Jackson, Jordan shoes outsole details and a good representation of the triangle offense even if 2k12 has other good triangle, legend roster, and post game!!

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 09-14-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I played 5 full seasons of Association on 2K11 in addition to playing with a bunch of awesome classic rosters. I never played an NBA 2K game like that since. Jordan mode was incredible. The game just played so amazingly for me from day one.

Never got 13, or 14.

Picked up 2K15 for PS4 and enjoyed it for about 3 months, then shelved it.

Picked up 16, loved it out of the box, but again....it lost me quickly.

I am very very excited for 2K17 and feel this is going to be the 2K game I will play for years (like I did with 2K11). The enhancements to MyLeague are astounding on paper, and the new presentation packages look like they will blow me away. I want to be able to play multiple seasons and not have to purchase another 2K for years...just like 2K11.

Plus playoff mode? Oh yeah. Classic roster showdown playoff tournaments? Damn freaking straight!!!!

I am stoked. I feel this will be 2K11 of this gen.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »