Home

Wingspan problem?

This is a discussion on Wingspan problem? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wingspan problem?

Hey guys!

On the prelude i got 145k VC and spent almost everything on my SF Point Forward. He is 6'8 and 226lbs but i made his wingspan the lowest possible. The steal and block caps are the same but I was wondering how much of an effect it will have when I try to steal the ball or block (especially the stealing part, which is the one i use the most). I think the wingspan was 79.5.

I don't know if i had ruin the build with that or not And as I spent a lot of VC already...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Wingspan problem?

In past games, when there was no consequence for going with the longest wingspan, I would always do it. This year, there are obviously consequences, which makes the decision more difficult. I still like the idea of going with the standard wingspan as the lowest because I enjoy playing defense. How big of an effect it will have, I'm really not sure, but in real life, wingspan can help make up for lack of height, speed, vertical.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #3
Rookie

This is why you don't invest in a build before you're positive. I would certainly never make a lowest wingspan build, and it's going to impact you for sure.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Your lowest wingspan is basically equal to your height and off by about .2 inches at most.

At 6ft8 you still have a good wingspan for reaching for the ball - use the new right stick function for reaching for on ball steals.

You're actually 6ft7.5 inches on wingspan - that's still lengthy for on ball steals.

In 16, I would lower my wingspan to match height and my players would still rebound and get steals. My 6ft7 SF had a wingspan equal to height and he is a great defender - defensive player of the year type defender.

It's very unnatural to have a wingspan dip below the measure of your height - that is deviation from the norm. It's more common for wingspan to be longer than your height or at least equal - Curry is a rare dude who at 6ft3 has a very similar wingspan matching his height.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-14-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Your lowest wingspan is basically equal to your height and off by about .2 inches at most.

At 6ft8 you still have a good wingspan for reaching for the ball - use the new right stick function for reaching for on ball steals.

You're actually 6ft7.5 inches on wingspan - that's still lengthy for on ball steals.

In 16, I would lower my wingspan to match height and my players would still rebound and get steals. My 6ft7 SF had a wingspan equal to height and he is a great defender - defensive player of the year type defender.

It's very unnatural to have a wingspan dip below the measure of your height - that is deviation from the norm. It's more common for wingspan to be longer than your height or at least equal - Curry is a rare dude who at 6ft3 has a very similar wingspan matching his height.

Thanks for your answer!! So you wouldn't restart the career with an standard wingspan of 84.4? Because my midrange and 3pt didn't improve thaaaat much (2points which is nothing) for lowering the wingspan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubi93
Thanks for your answer!! So you wouldn't restart the career with an standard wingspan of 84.4? Because my midrange and 3pt didn't improve thaaaat much (2points which is nothing) for lowering the wingspan.
I don't think you ruined your build. It was hasty to invest this much so soon without being fully assured in your research data.

Folks are starting to realize the +/- is not so great when you deviate from the default wingspan. It's almost worth it to just remain at the default wingspan which is a few inches above your height and very healthy (naturally speaking).

Again though, 6ft7.5 should be fine for reaching and snagging and is relatively competitive due to shorter wingspans beinf the trend.

You should be fine, sweat it out.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I don't think you ruined your build. It was hasty to invest this much so soon without being fully assured in your research data.

Folks are starting to realize the +/- is not so great when you deviate from the default wingspan. It's almost worth it to just remain at the default wingspan which is a few inches above your height and very healthy (naturally speaking).

Again though, 6ft7.5 should be fine for reaching and snagging and is relatively competitive due to shorter wingspans beinf the trend.

You should be fine, sweat it out.

I know...huge mistake. I got soon excited for the game that i jumped into conclusions way too fast! I'd probably continue with this guy and when I have saved enough of VC will probably do another SF with whom I will have the pleasure of playing.

Let's see how big my mistake is after a couple of weeks of gameplay .

Thanks for your help again!
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Not unnatural there are a lot of people that have wingspans shorter than their actual height, not by much but still shorter.

http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/5/17/434...span-to-height

Last edited by keshunleon; 09-14-2016 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »