Home

MyLeague Simmed Stats

This is a discussion on MyLeague Simmed Stats within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: MyLeague Simmed Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
For the people concerned about editing steals, I was able to get Draymond Green to average 1.6 steals a game just from bumping up his steals attribute, I didn't touch anything else. He normally averages 0.8

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of the teams have "John Smith" Assistant Coaches but I'm pretty sure this will be fixed in the opening night rosters, 2K always gets these guys in. So I wouldn't worry about this for now.

Slightly Off-Topic: Not a fan of the Superstar sliders this year, they've given the CPU 5 extra attribute points in each scoring slider. I like playing with both CPU and User sliders at the same level, the difficulty shouldn't be based off how much easier we make it for the CPU to score.

Right now I'm looking at the Thunder who consistently average the slowest pace of 96-97 in the league, I'm trying to figure out what makes them slower than the other teams in the league.
Good work! I wonder what carries more weight, tendencies or attributes when it comes to individual sim stats. I'm pretty sure there's a correlation but it ne may have a bigger impact act than the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Well the fact that we can influence steals is encouraging. IMO steals should generated based on a combination of the steal rating and the pass interception tendency. Should also be an "off-ball steal" tendency for guys who leave their man to a) poke the ball away on drives b) steal the ball when guys have their back to them in the post. Curry gets a lot of these steals

EDIT: Just saw the pass interception influences steals. Good news.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #43
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
For the people concerned about editing steals, I was able to get Draymond Green to average 1.6 steals a game just from bumping up his steals attribute, I didn't touch anything else. He normally averages 0.8

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of the teams have "John Smith" Assistant Coaches but I'm pretty sure this will be fixed in the opening night rosters, 2K always gets these guys in. So I wouldn't worry about this for now.

Slightly Off-Topic: Not a fan of the Superstar sliders this year, they've given the CPU 5 extra attribute points in each scoring slider. I like playing with both CPU and User sliders at the same level, the difficulty shouldn't be based off how much easier we make it for the CPU to score.

Right now I'm looking at the Thunder who consistently average the slowest pace of 96-97 in the league, I'm trying to figure out what makes them slower than the other teams in the league.
I know this is slightly off topic, but since you mentioned it yourself...

Which difficulty is the most equal? I'm like you. I like user = CPU. No artificial boosts! And they need to seperate ACE from difficulty next year. Hate the idea that to get the CPU to use it's full arsenal we have to play on HOF.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-15-2016, 03:54 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 5

Unfortunately another blow for myleague sim heads. Last year they didn't fix the dish to open man tendency for generated classes now this. Wouldn't be surprised if it still isn't fixed. Gotta pay attention to the little things.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #45
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Blasphemy. I refuse to believe anything that I'm reading here. I'm going to hold off on any judgement until I snoop around.

Maybe it was just moved or maybe pace is based on something else instead of POE this year.

This is a total shot in the dark (based on past) but maybe it's based on some formula including Playbook, Player Tendencies, Coaches Abilities?

So for example if you had a team of guys who had a shot tendency of low 30s and a coach with an offensive rating of a D, maybe that would effect the team's pace?

Otherwise not letting us edit POE without giving us another way to control sim stats would be a complete EA move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Blasphemy. I refuse to believe anything that I'm reading here. I'm going to hold off on any judgement until I snoop around.

Maybe it was just moved or maybe pace is based on something else instead of POE this year.

This is a total shot in the dark (based on past) but maybe it's based on some formula including Playbook, Player Tendencies, Coaches Abilities?

So for example if you had a team of guys who had a shot tendency of low 30s and a coach with an offensive rating of a D, maybe that would effect the team's pace?

Otherwise not letting us edit POE without giving us another way to control sim stats would be a complete EA move.
It is hard to believe they would remove it. You CANT get sim stats accurate if you cant adjust teams tempo. I'm shocked. Oh well maybe the 76ers will be a high powered offense now.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

This has me cancelling pre-order type of worried right here.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #48
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow if they hard coded the pace that would be a huge oversight for anything My league.
Think about it like this how do you know the style the team will play under new coaches?
How are new coaches that take positions tempos/pace/playstyle decided?
Is there anything under playbook? Maybe it is tied to a coaches playbook?

Examples I can think of the Knicks may still have triangle plays in their actual playbook but I am not sure they will have Hornacek's pace or the pace of last year Knicks which was one of the slowest in the league.

First year head coaches pace? They are sure to get the last coaches playbook and pace

Last edited by stillfeelme; 09-15-2016 at 04:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »