Home

MyLeague Simmed Stats

This is a discussion on MyLeague Simmed Stats within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #49
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Simmed Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Blasphemy. I refuse to believe anything that I'm reading here. I'm going to hold off on any judgement until I snoop around.

Maybe it was just moved or maybe pace is based on something else instead of POE this year.

This is a total shot in the dark (based on past) but maybe it's based on some formula including Playbook, Player Tendencies, Coaches Abilities?

So for example if you had a team of guys who had a shot tendency of low 30s and a coach with an offensive rating of a D, maybe that would effect the team's pace?

Otherwise not letting us edit POE without giving us another way to control sim stats would be a complete EA move.
Sorry man its true, no POE's.

I'm experimenting with all those categories that you mentioned. So far all I know is that I lowered all the warriors speed attributes and it didn't have much of an impact on their pace.

Apparently I got ahead of myself on thinking the Coach's Defense grades were having an effect on the simmed team stats. Its most likely a placebo effect. Overall team defensive efficiency ratings are too high (high meaning too good defensively) this year. Last year I was able to get realistic results with the POE's, but I don't know what the work around will be this year.

I even tried adjusting Coach Style to heavily offense or Heavily defense to see a difference with Tibbs. No consistent results either way.

Last edited by antdoggydogg; 09-15-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:49 PM   #50
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

So, as far as we can tell, teams pace is hard coded from the start. This is gonna end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #51
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
For the people concerned about editing steals, I was able to get Draymond Green to average 1.6 steals a game just from bumping up his steals attribute, I didn't touch anything else. He normally averages 0.8
What about Nerlens Noel? Steals was so tied to position in 2k16 it was impossible to get him up to even close to his average in sim stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Right now I'm looking at the Thunder who consistently average the slowest pace of 96-97 in the league, I'm trying to figure out what makes them slower than the other teams in the league.
Pace is determined by: FGA, FTA, rebounds, and turnovers. Looking at those team stats and then the per-36 minute of players on those teams to compare would be a good place to start.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

Why on earth would they remove things that were previously editable? Mind boggling some of the decisions that are made at 2k in regards to customization man.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

If adjusting attributes and tendencies has a more profound affect on the simmed stats than 16 and 2K has given us this new easy edit roster feature where we can adjust attributes and tendencies league wide with ease, maybe that's gonna be the way around it.

If for example offensive rebounding was too low and defensive rebounding was too high, surely a league wide adjustment of, say -3 def reb and +3 off reb for every player along with adjusting certain tendencies would help change that?

Just an idea. I'm sure the amazing community here will find a way to achieve realistic results!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #54
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
MyLeague Simmed Stats

@antdoggydogg before I start totally freaking out over here; would you do a minor test that should work please and post the results. Take one team's pace that you are seeing as "high" (not the Warriors) and document what it is; then take every player on the team's touches down by 30 and their overall shot tendency down by 30 and tell me if it makes a difference please. It will take about 10 minutes but it is crucial for us roster editors to know what we are getting into this year.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 09-15-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #55
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed21
If adjusting attributes and tendencies has a more profound affect on the simmed stats than 16 and 2K has given us this new easy edit roster feature where we can adjust attributes and tendencies league wide with ease, maybe that's gonna be the way around it.

If for example offensive rebounding was too low and defensive rebounding was too high, surely a league wide adjustment of, say -3 def reb and +3 off reb for every player along with adjusting certain tendencies would help change that?

Just an idea. I'm sure the amazing community here will find a way to achieve realistic results!
The global editor does NOT allow you to edit tendencies (which is the main factor in some of the key sim stats)

@ant would you PLEASE also post a pic of the ratings/tendencies and hot zone screens?
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 33

(to Ant) Or a video ... whatever is easier for you to do ... pretty please ?

In regards of the global editor, one can only do global edits by imputting them player by player ... so a welcomed improvement, thus not totally pc esque, so you cant up everyone at once (X digit or X % ), nor can you do the opposite.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-15-2016 at 05:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »