Home

NBA 2K17 Pre-Release Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Pre-Release Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #17
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
re: NBA 2K17 Pre-Release Impressions Thread

P.s. somebody should make a MyLeague/MyGM impressions thread (when the game actually comes out). Could be a could stream for Leftos and co to look at
Old 09-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #18
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
P.s. somebody should make a MyLeague/MyGM impressions thread (when the game actually comes out). Could be a could stream for Leftos and co to look at
The game is out in Europe and other countries.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #19
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Playing the game since yesterday here in Germany and my initial impressions are very very positive.

- The main problem for me with NBA 2K games is always the responsiveness of the controls. And although they are still not perfect I think this year its pretty good overall.

- The dribbling feels great - although I have a tough time getting past any defender.

- The AI is very good, offensive and defensive wise. The spacing is the best ive seen in a 2K game.

- The shooting (which I didnt like for years) is really smooth and fun again. There are still some shots who are clunky and for me personally there should be a little more hangtime in the air - but they are fun again.

- And I really like the field goal percentages. I really feel like I am the one in control of my success(thats overall my feeling of the game). When I get an open look and I feel like I got a good release - its almost consistently going in (with the right type of player of course).

- I am a gameplay guy and dont care about all the other stuff that much - so I wished I could skip cut scens / halftime show etc. more quickly.

- i think there is a small glitch when you do a step back with the right stick and want to shoot immediatly - doesnt work for me

Overall - cant wait to get home a play some more games
You are really one of my favorite members of OS, not just for your early impressions almost every year (you were clutch with the gamescom feedback couple years ago), but because you never seem to get caught up in the hype and give honest impressions every time. Your word is gold with me.

Do the players feel different when

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Unless I'm doing something wrong individual highlights arent available (ps4)
Also, player of the game highlights work (12 mins) but they seem very messy.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #21
Rookie

Naboulet's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys,

I have huge problems with the rotations of my players. I like to do it manually, especially while the time out.

This year, the UI is kinda...weird but the players don't rotate at the end of the time-out, they do it at the next time that the clock is stopped o_o.

Do you have these problems as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #22
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
You are really one of my favorite members of OS, not just for your early impressions almost every year (you were clutch with the gamescom feedback couple years ago), but because you never seem to get caught up in the hype and give honest impressions every time. Your word is gold with me.

Do the players feel different when

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
haha thx appreciate it. I play bball games now for more than 25 years and im very critical

But I dont understand your question ... ^^
Old 09-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #23
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

i heard news about one guy keep playing game all day for 5 straight days without sleeping, eating, taking a break, bathroom then he died after 5 straight days so i don't want to be like him lol
Old 09-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #24
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Oh and one weird thing: Simularion & Arcade Slider Sets are gone. Now you can choose sliders named after the difficulty levels. So when you choose rookie the shot success goes up etc. - I didnt understand it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »