Home

NBA 2K17 Pre-Release Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Pre-Release Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #25
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2
re: NBA 2K17 Pre-Release Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
haha thx appreciate it. I play bball games now for more than 25 years and im very critical

But I dont understand your question ... ^^
Sorry should I have edited a bit more.

My question was about how the feel of different players is? Like Kyrie vs Harden. Do the new controls allow you to feel their unique styles?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #26
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Oh and one weird thing: Simularion & Arcade Slider Sets are gone. Now you can choose sliders named after the difficulty levels. So when you choose rookie the shot success goes up etc. - I didnt understand it.

Yes they tell you specifically what goes up in the slider section as you go up in difficulty. The dev's said Superstar and HOF I believe the CPU is using the POE's the best instead of really just upping the ratings by crazy amounts.

So they are trying to give us realistic difficulty instead of too much artificial shenanigans!

Thanks for the impressions if DaWolf is impressed with the controls you know the improvements are legit
Old 09-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #27
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
Sorry should I have edited a bit more.

My question was about how the feel of different players is? Like Kyrie vs Harden. Do the new controls allow you to feel their unique styles?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I think there is a noticable difference between kyrie and harden in the dribbling and overall feel. dribbling with kyrie is a mini game in itself - its really cool what you can do this year.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

How is the Block Shots? i felt in the prelude it was difficult to block shots, or jumping up vertical the defenders still got all shots off.

Small sample size by me, maybe im just used to the old 2k's with alot of block shots lol. But im wodnering if i play with Whiteside will he be effective
Old 09-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #29
Just started!

The second my player that you create (Michael B. Jordan) do you get to select his position and height or is he a PG?
Old 09-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #30
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

How is the custom play now online set up. Does it allow the user to check off what teams it does not want to search for in matchmaking. Can we search for all teams to play and exclude warriors and cavaliers from the search.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #31
Rookie

My God this game is good! Perks living in Australia, you get to play the games before anyone else. Except New Zealand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Oh and one weird thing: Simularion & Arcade Slider Sets are gone. Now you can choose sliders named after the difficulty levels. So when you choose rookie the shot success goes up etc. - I didnt understand it.
that's weird.. in some editions 2k removed common features without any reason, like couch co-op in MyLeague in 2k14.. hope this is the only one.

I have a question for you: which is your impression on in arena sounds?

Based on that I will decide if start a season with an expansion team or an original one (I'm a fanatic of realistic game sounds, then my 2k17 hype fallen a bit after arena sounds trailer..)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »