Home

NBA 2K17 "Little Things" thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "Little Things" thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K17 "Little Things" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
On the DA_Czar stream last night, he explained why they got rid of the traditional difficulty and replaced it with the new difficulty because of the Adaptive coaching engine(ACE).

Pro and Rookie is level 1 of ace, you may only see 2 adjustments per play or situation by the AI
All Star is level 2 of ace you may only see 3 adjustments per play or situation by the AI

Super Star is Level 4 and Hall of Fame is the full throat of ACE.

Replacing difficulty with better AI instead of Boosting the ratings. Which I think is a great thing. Decision making over cheese.
This is pure genius
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
There's WAY MORE comments about specific players.. not stories but just stuff from the color analysts about the action that is only about the guy that scored etc.. i don't remember hearing anything like that in previous years. It will talk about them like "that's what you love about Melo..." on and1s etc. That fills a big hole of the commentary seeming too generic.

Unless of course you're playing with the Knicks regularly, and end up hearing the same thing each game. Unfortunately it's probably impossible to avoid.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #27
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing the all star match up as the west against the east (cpu) on allstar difficulty. Drummond goes to the line and completely airballs his second freethrow. I don't think I've ever seen a freethrow airball in an nba videogame in my life let alone by the computer.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:01 PM   #28
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
There's WAY MORE comments about specific players.. not stories but just stuff from the color analysts about the action that is only about the guy that scored etc.. i don't remember hearing anything like that in previous years. It will talk about them like "that's what you love about Melo..." on and1s etc. That fills a big hole of the commentary seeming too generic.
That's great. One of my complaints about commentary over the years has been the generic lines "that's why HE is one of the best players in the league." Just adding a name makes it seem more authentic instead of using an interchangeable line that could be used for countless players.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #29
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

The tremendous amount of extra stats I love this year, great add. They have 21 different stat categories tracked all-time, so 10-20 years into your franchise you can see where the best stand. And also stats tracked all time for each team, so you can see the all-time leaders for each team as your franchise rolls along.. Subtle but great addition!

Also, like the idea of retired jerseys. Not sure how it's gonna function and the logic of it, but I hope it's on point. I've been wanting this in all sports games and of course 2k beat EA to the punch, no surprise. I'm just hoping it works fairly well and Lebron doesn't get his jersey retired by the Bucks because they sign him when he's 36 in his last couple years.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:11 PM   #30
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Little thing that makes my life A LOT easier:

I can now see the potential of players on their player cards, in the "Attributes" section. Tagged right at the bottom and I nearly overlooked it, but MAN does it make my life easier in MyLeague while trying to determine whom to send where.

Oh, and being able to name my save files. I can remember which one is which now!
Old 09-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 2

Superstar is impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 11:40 PM   #32
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Not much of a gameplay question but more of an aesthetic question about pre games.

I'm a big fan of the pre-games where they show the city skylines/historical sites etc. For the Thunder in 2k16 they show a Thunderstorm forming in Western Oklahoma and for another they show the downtown business district (where I work). Other teams like the Warriors/Knicks/Cavaliers have multiple outside shots while some teams (Milwaukee/Charlotte/Orlando/Denver/Sacramento) don't show "real" shots of the their respected cities. In 2k17 do they have more pre-game "City" shots for every team? I ask because in the NHL series and MLB the Show they show great shots of each respected city.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »