Home

we need more emotion in 2k

This is a discussion on we need more emotion in 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

EurozDontFogertTheZ's Arena

OVR: 0
we need more emotion in 2k

i feel like the game is simple with emotions. like when only you score or get a game winning shot you see emotion and most of them really dont even l ook authentic at all. so this more stuff i want to see.

game winning shots
in 2k win you hit a game winning shot all the players do is jump up and down. i wanna see players run towards trying tackle, jump on you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5u-fW7iYXc

veterans players and stars helping other players on the court.
we see this all the time in real veterans pointing out what to do and more stuff around that line. i think if 2k adds it would add a little bit more realism

players talking to each other after the game and showing respect. for 2k its either exactly as the game ends players walk straight to the locker with no other sort of communication or either an interview after the game. that's it nothing else. in the NBA we see players all the time dap each other up after the game, show love to one of their friends in the league.

players and coaches reacting to calls.
it doesn't got to be a reaction like this but something along the lines. in 2k all you hear a couple words that's it.

trash talking.
if a guy is known trash talker they should show a quick glimpse of him talking. during the free throws or getting back down. in 2k you hear words but you don't actually see the guy the talking. if put where you saw like two guys going back and forth at each other, it would make the game feel a little real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: we need more emotion in 2k

They have all that in the game check out the little things post started today where I mentioned all of that players being restrained, arguments between teammates etc.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

To be honest though, there isn't a sports game franchise out there that does what you're asking. It would be nice if it did, but gameplay comes first IMO.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

The only issue ive had with emotion was when a player did show emotion in the game, many times they are dead pan. Mouth doesn't open, there isn't any eyebrow or eye movement. There head and body are moving but there face shows no emotion. I'd like there lips to move as if they are talking too after an and one or something.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This is funny...I swear there was a guy complaining that 2k prioritizing emotion over gameplay lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

I do wish you could hear the coaches calling out referees on bad foul calls like "WHAT GAME ARE LOOKING AT REF" or he could say "HE DID NOT FOUL HIM" and "GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT CALL".
Old 09-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This is funny...I swear there was a guy complaining that 2k prioritizing emotion over gameplay lol
swear i said the exact same thing!

"i couldve swore, i was reading somewhere on this forum that theyre putting too much effort into emotion"

hey different strokes for different folks - TIME IS CREEPING, i just wanna play lol
Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
Rookie

zaywop's Arena

2K literally has more emotion in the basketball games than every other sports game combined. Madden virtually zero.. no clue what you talking about buddy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »