Home

Da_czar Live stream

This is a discussion on Da_czar Live stream within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:08 AM   #33
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Da_czar Live stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
To summarize:

Rookie & Pro have just 1 or 2 levels of ACE adjustment. So of you adjust to the first ACE adjustment, you've overcome the system.

All Star has more layers, so more chess game to play against ACE.

SS has another layer, and HOF has the full ACE awareness and adjustment AI. He did not flat out say (I don't think) that HOF eliminates all cheese boosts but it's close.

There is no more settings choice for "simulation" versus "Default" (aka casual). Only the difficulty settings which vary primarily by ACE (CPU AI).
He also recommended new players start out on Rookie or Pro, but that experienced players start out on All Star, not SS or HOF. He did his streams on AS as well.

His reason is that if you start out learning the tools and options in the game in higher difficulty, just to win/survive, you'll end up finding a small set of tactics that work for you just to try to win, and you won't really learn to deploy a full offensive tool kit.

So he recommends experienced players start on AS and really dive in to all the tools and options, develop a personal play style with lots of depth and options, and then bring that knowledge up the ladder as they need stiffer competition.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:17 AM   #34
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Timeouts breakdown by Czar. Trust me watch it before you play lol.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:53 AM   #35
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Czar if you're reading... what does the new attribute "intangibles" do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 01:37 AM   #36
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Just finished watching all the vids back to back. Damn, respect to Czar for taking the time to break all that down for us.

I'm glad to see the 3 out 2 in and 4 out 1 in get some love as so much of the league is set to run those. The transition improvements are crazy, and I'm loving the defensive adjustments.

The one thing we are still really missing is changing defensive matchups on the fly. On the offensive side, I would definitely like to see ACE change the freelance based on the personnel on the floor.
For example, if Sacramento subs in Casspi for WCS at the 4, Sac will still run their 3 out 2 in freelance, making it hard to spot up Casspi.

I had a question in regards to the difficulty, I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask it here as well.
OG and Czar explained how the difference between Superstar and Hall of Fame is the use of ACE. My question is, what happens when I choose Hall of Fame, but then make slider adjustments, whether major or minor, the difficulty now becomes "custom"

What does this do to ACE?

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-17-2016, 03:45 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

So is the recommendation to keep ACE adjustments "ON", and still make individual defensive adjustments? It was my understanding that individual adjustments override ACE.

I am very excited for OG to do a video on all defensive setting (individual and team). I always feel lost when it comes to these settings and how to build a defensive gameplan.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:16 AM   #38
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia

I had a question in regards to the difficulty, I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask it here as well.
OG and Czar explained how the difference between Superstar and Hall of Fame is the use of ACE. My question is, what happens when I choose Hall of Fame, but then make slider adjustments, whether major or minor, the difficulty now becomes "custom"

What does this do to ACE?
Ive tweeted Czar. Will let you know if I get a response.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:18 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
The one thing we are still really missing is changing defensive matchups on the fly. On the offensive side, I would definitely like to see ACE change the freelance based on the personnel on the floor.
For example, if Sacramento subs in Casspi for WCS at the 4, Sac will still run their 3 out 2 in freelance, making it hard to spot up Casspi.
I agree, this would be very nice. The Cavs for example run some variation of the 4 out 1 in in the game so when Channing Frye subs in at the 5 he automatically goes into the post when in real life if him and Kevin love are on the floor they would run a 5 out.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Czar- Just watched all of your videos. Incredible stuff and very informative. To be honest, 24 should make a post with all of youd videos and sticky in this forum. Hopefully OG makes a video soon and we can add that..

So for clarification purposes, if I set ACE "ON", but want to change things over the course of the game this is how it works..

1. To starts game the AI selects a default freelance/set and freelance "type"(space the floor, motion, etc)

2. If, after a few posessions, I change the freelance to Swing and motion, it will stay that way until a timeout is called (either by CPU or User)

3. During the timeout ACE kicks back in and resets priorities. Unless we manually change things during the timeout ourselves...

Do i have this correct? Thanks for everything! These videos are soo helpful!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »