Home

NBA 2K17 Art Thread (Hair, Tattoos, Body Type, New Accessories)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Art Thread (Hair, Tattoos, Body Type, New Accessories) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:25 AM   #9
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Art Thread (Hair, Tattoos, Body Type, New Accessories)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Cavs navy jersey is still too Royal blueish and font way too small. Lebron's body, but more specifically his calves are too huge.

Bucks unis not dark enough.

Pippen with Blazers should have headband.

If every skinny model can be replaced with kyrie's or something similar to that it would be nice. Those skinny models are killing me.

Knicks blue uni is a weird bright blue/purple.

The skinny highschool model brought over from 2k16 has to be one of the most dumbfounded decisions imaginable.
Like here's Evan Fournier and Mario Henzonja. Both not overly muscular, but this build just makes them look so cartoony and just out of place. They stick out like a sore thumb when playing.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:28 AM   #10
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
The skinny highschool model brought over from 2k16 has to be one of the most dumbfounded decisions imaginable.
Like here's Evan Fournier and Mario Henzonja. Both not overly muscular, but this build just makes them look so cartoony and just out of place. They stick out like a sore thumb when playing.

Yea I hope there's some coding reason behind it. Like gpu could only process 60 frames if they were smaller models. Because I agree, it almost looks like a joke. I still have hope that it'll get patched on day one. Maybe they ran out of time.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:41 AM   #11
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Instead of listing everyone that shouldn't have that skinny body type (it's a long list..) we should identify who should even have it in the first place.

The list is: Brandon Ingram.. that's it. Maybe include Durant there. The Terrence Ross/Wiggins/Curry body type from 2K16 needs to come back, no question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:42 AM   #12
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yea I hope there's some coding reason behind it. Like gpu could only process 60 frames if they were smaller models. Because I agree, it almost looks like a joke. I still have hope that it'll get patched on day one. Maybe they ran out of time.
I know your just speculating here but I guarantee you it's not a performance-based decision.

I think the senior leaders/management at 2K made a conscious decision to have the art team focus on the new shoe models for 2K17. With the main reason behind that being shoes earn them VC, accurate and detail bodytypes don't.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #13
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

Really? I am super disappointed, and really hope this can be fixed. those skinny models are an absolute embarrassment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 635587710419544405-PacersJazz-11102014-09.jpg (30.3 KB, 786 views)
File Type: jpg NBA 2K17_20160916130100.jpg (222.1 KB, 798 views)
Old 09-16-2016, 12:52 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
This was just a bad choice through and through. They would have been better off sticking with the Durant frame from 2K16 as the skinny frame and leaving this super-thin one out altogether. There is literally one person in the league who this is appropriate for...Brandon Ingram. That's it. Bad bad choice, and it's pissing me off that it is 1. Worse than last year and 2. It doesn't seem like something they can or will even attempt to address in THIS GAME, seeing as how these complaints haven't even been acknowledged as legitimate by 2K.

Very upsetting to know that you have a whole year to deal with this f'ed up thing and the game hasn't even released yet.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:54 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Third repost:

1. Logo too small.
2. Shade of blue should be much darker.
3. NBA logo should not be on the front of the jersey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

They made Derozan too bulky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrR2K6OUsAAX_NV.jpg (98.6 KB, 763 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »