Home

HDR in retail release

This is a discussion on HDR in retail release within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 06:44 AM   #17
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: HDR in retail release

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas10
Still doesnt make sense because the xbox dashboard is so bright and vibrant once HDR is enabled. But when the game starts it looks like crap!

Im thinking its the game...
Interesting seems to be mixed reviews so far with the HDR feature, have u played with the settings to see if you can get a better picture? Which Samsung do you have if you dont mind me asking.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Interesting seems to be mixed reviews so far with the HDR feature, have u played with the settings to see if you can get a better picture? Which Samsung do you have if you dont mind me asking.
Yeah I have. The weird thing is, if I disable HDR mode the game looks way more vibrant than when HDR mode is on. Samsung UE50JU6400
Old 09-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #19
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas10
Yeah I have. The weird thing is, if I disable HDR mode the game looks way more vibrant than when HDR mode is on. Samsung UE50JU6400
Ok I did some research on your tv and it didnt have the best HDR rating and most tvs that dont have a wide color gamut wont look that good in HDR mode heres a link to where I saw this info http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju6400
Old 09-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #20
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

ok.. i'm OP. here's my thoughts on HDR in NBA2K17. i'm on xbox one S with a samsung JS9000 55" (2015).

the colors look amazing. what people have said about HDR is true. i would describe them as "way more realistic looking". it's hard to understand until you see it for yourself. but, yes, "more vibrant", "colors pop more", and "you can definitely see an immediate difference" are also good descriptions of what i feel when i am playing on HDR. the evening sunset shading at sunset beach park is pretty remarkable. skin tones, clothing, shadows on the court -- all feel more realistic.

on the "washed out" look some people are getting on vizio TV's (and someone mentioned a samsung here too), i think this is an issue with the software versus your TV. for example, i know netflix HDR is borked on vizio + xbox S combo and gives this "washed out" look. also, when i record a 2k video in HDR then go to my home screen (out of 2k) and watch it, it appears no where near what i see in game -- its all washed out. here's a video below of the washed out look.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mario%20HTTR/video/21587370

all in all though, i LOVE HDR in 2k. i cannot wait for Forza3 HDR.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 09-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #21
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

If anyone is having trouble with HDR, you should try turning HDR off and then on again in the XBOX one settings while in game. I was getting weird washed out colors and this fixed it right up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #22
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
If anyone is having trouble with HDR, you should try turning HDR off and then on again in the XBOX one settings while in game. I was getting weird washed out colors and this fixed it right up.
How does it differ from when you have HDR mode off is it a night and day difference?
Old 09-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #23
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
How does it differ from when you have HDR mode off is it a night and day difference?
I wouldn't say it's night and day but it does look much better. Better colors, contrast and image clarity. It kind of reminds me of playing in 1440p with a sweet effect filter on PC.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #24
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

Good luck on a Vizio... The only people that are gonna enjoy HDR are people with $3k OLED TVs... Not me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »