Home

HDR in retail release

This is a discussion on HDR in retail release within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #33
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: HDR in retail release

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Good luck on a Vizio... The only people that are gonna enjoy HDR are people with $3k OLED TVs... Not me.
Not true...HDR looks best on Samsung high end models that have excellent nits which is the main driving force for HDR

OLED is not as bright as LED from Samsung which means HDR looks best on Samsung sets

If you have a Samsung KS8000 or higher you will see a beautiful image on xbox one s because ps4 does not have it yet on nba 2K and jury is out what type of hdr they are releasing as they have 1.4 hdmi not 2.0 as xbox one S

Vizio and mid tier samsungs have average HDR tech and it wont look as good as the High End Models from Samsung I mentioned above
Old 09-26-2016, 01:51 AM   #34
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Which TV model do you have??

I am asking because I have a Samsung Ks8000 and I cant activate game mode within movie mode because game mode defaults to the standard picture mode and you cant change it to any other picture mode while game mode is activated.

I have the same tv as you. What firmware are you on? It allows me to do it on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 02:00 AM   #35
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Not true...HDR looks best on Samsung high end models that have excellent nits which is the main driving force for HDR

OLED is not as bright as LED from Samsung which means HDR looks best on Samsung sets

If you have a Samsung KS8000 or higher you will see a beautiful image on xbox one s because ps4 does not have it yet on nba 2K and jury is out what type of hdr they are releasing as they have 1.4 hdmi not 2.0 as xbox one S

Vizio and mid tier samsungs have average HDR tech and it wont look as good as the High End Models from Samsung I mentioned above

I rented NBA2K17 on the Xbox to try out the HDR and it looks great. The crazy thing is that the Xbox isn't using the wide color gamut for gaming only for streaming media. I can imagine when the wide color gamut is used. Very impressed with HDR. I'm also wondering how the PS4 will do HDR with HDMI 1.4. It's a wait and see at this point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 05:16 AM   #36
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
I have the same tv as you. What firmware are you on? It allows me to do it on mine.

Oh ok I got the latest update the other day but maybe I just need to play with my settings to see the changes.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #37
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Oh ok I got the latest update the other day but maybe I just need to play with my settings to see the changes.

Yea put your input in movie mode then turn on game mode. You'll have to make some adjustments. I had to lower the backlight because stock it looks too bright.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #38
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Yea put your input in movie mode then turn on game mode. You'll have to make some adjustments. I had to lower the backlight because stock it looks too bright.

I think my issue is I don't have any HDR content to see what my TV can do, until this patch comes out for 2k17, I have a feeling it wont look as good as the Xbox One S since Ps4 doesn't support HDMI 2.0.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #39
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
I think my issue is I don't have any HDR content to see what my TV can do, until this patch comes out for 2k17, I have a feeling it wont look as good as the Xbox One S since Ps4 doesn't support HDMI 2.0.

There's HDR content on Netflix and Amazon and our tv's have those apps built in. As far as gaming yea I don't see how this is going to work on the PS4 until the pro. Nba2k17 was the 1st time I played any game in HDR but that was on the Xbox and I rented that copy to see how it looked. I was very impressed. The great thing about these sets is how low input lag is while gaming in HDR. I believe it's the lowest out of all sets now. The vizio P series is doing really bad as far as input lag and it seems like the HDR10 update on the vizios is very bad as everyone who owns that tv says NBA2K17 looks washed out and bad.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #40
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't like my TV in movie mode. Everything looks dim and doesn't have that clean look to it. I prefer dynamic.

I meant Natural Mode not dynamic
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-26-2016 at 02:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »