Home

Draymond Green

This is a discussion on Draymond Green within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Draymond Green

I know I know it's taboo to complain about overall ratings.

But this is more of a problem with the love Superstar Role Player Draymond Green is getting. He is a very polished all around NBA player, but he's not one of the best players in the NBA.

According to 2k Draymond is a better overall player than John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

I have a problem with that for one simple reason. If you traded Draymond Green 1 for 1 with any of those players is he leading his new team to the playoffs?

Anyway it's not a big deal functionally as I can adjust myself obviously. It's just annoying because I'm anti Dray

Edit: Not to mention that when including the legends 2K believes Dray is on par with Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett in their primes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 06:06 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Draymond Green

He is a more complete player than everyone you listed. He thrives in a system. A walking triple double that plays both sides.

Similar to kawai Leonard.

Dude did everything last year, not his fault Durant joined forces. It's funny because most of the players you listed don't get to the playoffs on their own either.

Sent from my NEXT using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I know I know it's taboo to complain about overall ratings.

But this is more of a problem with the love Superstar Role Player Draymond Green is getting. He is a very polished all around NBA player, but he's not one of the best players in the NBA.

According to 2k Draymond is a better overall player than John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

I have a problem with that for one simple reason. If you traded Draymond Green 1 for 1 with any of those players is he leading his new team to the playoffs?

Anyway it's not a big deal functionally as I can adjust myself obviously. It's just annoying because I'm anti Dray

Edit: Not to mention that when including the legends 2K believes Dray is on par with Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett in their primes...
I might just be based on how good he is on D. Hes ahard player to rate. He can shoot too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
He is a more complete player than everyone you listed. He thrives in a system. A walking triple double that plays both sides.

Dude did everything last year, not his fault Durant joined forces. It's funny because most of the players you listed don't get to the playoffs on their own either.

Right on. Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin leading their team to the playoffs on their own? No freaking way.

Did you see the Cavs play before LeBron came back?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #5
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan

I know you said most of the players I listed however I disagree. Aside from Melo and Kyrie everyone else I listed are tremendous Two-Way superstars.

Paul George and Jimmy Butler are tremendous defenders. Paul George was defending PF's last year as well.

Even if you add in the legends Dirk and K.G. K.G. was a great Two-Way player who carried a par Timberwolves team to the Western Conference Finals at a time when the west was STACKED.

Carrying a decent team vs being a role player on a great team is really what I'm debating on.

I have no argument on Kyrie he should be rated low as his defense is sub par. However we aren't talking about 2013 Kyrie. We are discussing 2016 Kyrie which are 2 different beasts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:21 AM   #6
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Right on. Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin leading their team to the playoffs on their own? No freaking way.

Did you see the Cavs play before LeBron came back?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Why do people always say that about the Cavs? They didn't stat winning when Lebron came back. They started winning after they assembled a good team. The only remaining pieces when they started winning were Kyrie, Tristan, and Varejao. It's after they traded to get Mozgov, JR, and Shumpert is when they started winning. They weren't even a .500 team before that when Lebron came back.

/rant

Last edited by Crossover1; 09-16-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Why do people always say that about the Cavs. They didn't stat winning when Lebron came back. They started winning after they assembled a good team. The only remaining pieces when they started winning were Kyrie, Tristan, and Varejao. It's after they traded to get Mozgov, JR, and Shumpert is when they started winning. They weren't even a .500 team before that when Lebron came back.

/rant
And yet they have a terrible record without LeBron despite all that talent...
Old 09-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I know you said most of the players I listed however I disagree. Aside from Melo and Kyrie everyone else I listed are tremendous Two-Way superstars.

Paul George and Jimmy Butler are tremendous defenders. Paul George was defending PF's last year as well.

Even if you add in the legends Dirk and K.G. K.G. was a great Two-Way player who carried a par Timberwolves team to the Western Conference Finals at a time when the west was STACKED.

Carrying a decent team vs being a role player on a great team is really what I'm debating on.

I have no argument on Kyrie he should be rated low as his defense is sub par. However we aren't talking about 2013 Kyrie. We are discussing 2016 Kyrie which are 2 different beasts.
Most importantly is dramond doing anything outside his game on NBA 2k17?

He does everything, stat sheet stuffers will always be rated a little higher.

If you watch basketball I really don't see the point of the thread honestly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »