Home

Draymond Green

This is a discussion on Draymond Green within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #9
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draymond Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
And yet they have a terrible record without LeBron despite all that talent...
Before LeBron came back Kyrie played half the season due to injury and was on his rookie contract still.

You seen the Bulls record with Michael Jordan on his rookie contract before Pippen?

MJ's first 3 seasons were 38-44, 30-52, 40-42 with just 1 playoff win.

I guess that means M.J. couldn't carry a team.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

To the OP, the only thing those players you mentioned does better than Draymond is score. I'll take Draymond any day over any of those players. He can score, rebound, run the floor, pass, and is a top 5 defender in the post and on the wing.

I think he's one of the most annoying, unlikeable dudes but he can ball.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #11
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I know I know it's taboo to complain about overall ratings.

But this is more of a problem with the love Superstar Role Player Draymond Green is getting. He is a very polished all around NBA player, but he's not one of the best players in the NBA.

According to 2k Draymond is a better overall player than John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

I have a problem with that for one simple reason. If you traded Draymond Green 1 for 1 with any of those players is he leading his new team to the playoffs?

Anyway it's not a big deal functionally as I can adjust myself obviously. It's just annoying because I'm anti Dray

Edit: Not to mention that when including the legends 2K believes Dray is on par with Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett in their primes...
So in saying all that, what do you propose they do?? You do understand that everyone will not be happy with the ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
Rookie

I don't have a horse in this race, as I don't care either way. But having said that...

The man had 32/15/9 in Game 7 of the FINALS!....(in my Allen Iverson voice) not a regular season game, not a 1st round game, but we talking 'bout the FINALS!

dude deserves to be rated well.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
I don't have a horse in this race, as I don't care either way. But having said that...

The man had 32/15/9 in Game 7 of the FINALS!....(in my Allen Iverson voice) not a regular season game, not a 1st round game, but we talking 'bout the FINALS!

dude deserves to be rated well.
1988 Big Game James Worthy 36 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists in game 7 to help the Lakers win the finals. His rating is an 84/86. That's around where Draymond should be.

Quote:
So in saying all that, what do you propose they do?? You do understand that everyone will not be happy with the ratings?
I would slightly drop some of his Defensive IQ. Although he's great I don't agree with him being one of the all time greatest as he is now.

I'd drop his offensive post game a bit as well.

I just thought ratings were on an all-time scale as they announced last year. Dray has great defense but not all-time great.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #14
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

It's utter nonsense. Fanatical garbage.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I know I know it's taboo to complain about overall ratings.

But this is more of a problem with the love Superstar Role Player Draymond Green is getting. He is a very polished all around NBA player, but he's not one of the best players in the NBA.

According to 2k Draymond is a better overall player than John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

I have a problem with that for one simple reason. If you traded Draymond Green 1 for 1 with any of those players is he leading his new team to the playoffs?

Anyway it's not a big deal functionally as I can adjust myself obviously. It's just annoying because I'm anti Dray

Edit: Not to mention that when including the legends 2K believes Dray is on par with Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett in their primes...
The way Draymond plays does not look impressive or fancy to many people, but he is very effective in everything he does.

Defensively, I see Draymond as an elite defender, at the same level with Kawhi. Both can guard all 5 positions but Kawhi has an edge on defending guards with better lateral quickness and Draymond can defend inside better with great athleticism despite being just 6'7".

Offensively, in terms of scoring, let's take 2 best players that you mentioned, Melo and Paul George. Draymond is not a shot creator or volume shooter, but when he did, he did it pretty well, 49% FG and 38.8% 3 pts per game, both higher than Melo's and Paul George's.

Play making wise, he does not have great speed, ankle breaking moves or flashy passing like PGs you mentioned but he is willing to pass the ball and often find the opening shooters. Of course he has 2 of the best shooters in the league in the team but he has done it really well right at the first season trying to be one of the main ball handlers with 7.4 assists per game. Having him as the other ball handler, it really helps out GSW offense and relieves some pressure on Curry.

All in all, he is a very effective player all around, he can share the loads of many positions on the court and I can see him improving any team in all aspects. On top of that, he can be the "heart and soul" of any team with his fighting spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
It's utter nonsense. Fanatical garbage.
Care to elaborate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #16
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celviano
Care to elaborate?
He's a system player surrounded by two (now three) of the greatest shooters of all-time. He could not replicate his production on any other team in the league. He's a glorified role player.

Many/most of the players OP listed are just better basketball players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »