Home

NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #1129
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #1130
Pro

OVR: 0

The Graphics team aside from the body types did a great job this year like they do every year. Rachel Demita did her thing on the show I guess I never watched it but it's still going so I guess it's good. BUT

I don't want to hear claims that this is a sim ball game ever again. It isn't.

NBA 2k17's animations almost never fit with the situation.

Just played a game where I said to my brother, "I'm going to chuck up low IQ shots and watch how 2k rewards me".
I let him build a 20 point lead before i did this (ON HOF)
Then proceeded to call screens and take fading 3s with my shooters off the screens, take bigs off the dribble with bigs who couldn't dribble, and post fade with players with low post fade ratings.

Ended up winning on a game winning, Low IQ Buzzer from 3.

I REPEAT THIS IS NOT PARK AND PRO AM

The fast break offense and defense feels worse than last year
On ball defense is worse than last year
AI IQ is just as bad overall (Improved in some areas)
Shooting has obviously been broken one way or another all year
Big men offense and Defense is disgusting (Played with 7'2 Joel Embiid,
Drove into the paint where 6'6 MJ stood firm under the net, Joel Embiid proceeded to do a hopstep in such a way that he bent his body so the height advantage did not exist, and he leaned back, and threw a bad shot up that was heavily contested)

Dribbling is merked.

Marketing 10/10
Graphics 9/10
Park Pro Am gameplay 6/10
Offline Gameplay 4/10

This years game for someone who plays mainly offline and not park has been easily the least enjoyable experience. If 2k learns anything from this game and the overall negative feedback hopefully it's to focus on the actual game.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #1131
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
figured I'd chime in with my final end-of-year impressions of 2k17. I've had a long time with the game at this point and there have been several patches to clean things up. 2k17 took some getting used to for me, but at the end of the day, I think it ended up being my favorite nba 2k game so far. despite my gripes with the sluggish control responsiveness, in the end 2k17 just works really well in a lot of important areas (2k17 is especially great with contextual animations and player-to-player contact). the physics and realism of the movement just feel right in 2k17. the proper animations play out in just about every situation, taking into account both physics and position of the players...this feeling of "rightness" makes for a really satisfying playing experience in 2k17. so much of my frustration in past 2k games came from the wrong animations occurring or the wrong type of contact occurring...but in 2k17 the devs really cleaned up these issues and the game is running great now in my opinion. hopefully the devs can continue that refinement into 2k18.

at the end of the day, 2k17 grew on me and I'm still loving it to this day. just wanted to remind everyone that despite having some flaws, 2k17 is an amazing accomplishment and we're lucky to have such a great nba video game to play. thanks for all your hard work devs! you've got the game working great - just keep up the good work and the world will always have an amazing nba video game to enjoy each year!
2K17 has grown on me, too. I'm getting realistic results, seeing CPU teams playing different styles (that match what they do irl) and of course, the presentation is always on point.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM   #1132
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

I've become addicted to this game lol. Signature jumpshots,crossovers, celebrations etc.There is so much authenticity in this game, especially CPU players make moves that they'd do IRL.
Everyone is complaining about defense being dumb, leaving players wide open etc. Well, they're supposed to! In real NBA you see wide open shots on almost every possession. Of course elite defenders are more aware of their assignments. Personally I don't want to go back to the last gen era where you had to be smarter than Chris Paul to find an open man in a split second decision

Last edited by zizoux; 07-28-2017 at 05:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »