Home

NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #41
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Standout things in NBA 2K17...

1) Courts,players and jerseys really have a NBA LIVE 16 FIDELITY to them. Colors pop,skin tones and sweat look great. Anti aliasing is good and overall lighting overhauls are welcome and really make the game look better. IF anyone enjoyed NBA LIVE 16 because the graphics on court just felt more realistic then you'll know what I'm trying to say.
I only played a couple games but I think this is most noticeble in certain arenas and with certain jerseys. The first game I played was celtics @ Lakers and the Lakers yellow/gold jersey has NEVER looked this good in 2k. I definitely got a nba Live type vibe from it, in a good way.

I played a Cavs @Warriors matchup after and the colors and lighting didn't seem to stand out as much (maybe my eyes adjusted after the first game) but I'll have to play with more teams to tell for sure. Either way definitely an improvement and it makes me excited to see how different arena lighting plays a role in the visuals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #42
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
How am I trolling? Because I have a different impression than most? Great logic

I called it trolling because you didn't give explanation. But you latter did.

To your complaints. I take the bumping to be more physicality added to the game. It does feel different for sure.

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Old 09-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #43
Rookie

Cheesers won't like this game and that's awesome
Old 09-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #44
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

More notes

--Love the grab-and-go animations (reb + run).

--Something that i'm starting to become aware of: using the shot stick to shoot jumpshots isn't ideal if you want to shoot asap before the defense recovers in time. There seems to be a slight delay when you push down on the stick. I think it's the computer trying to figure out if you're about to do a dribble move or shoot. It's not a HUGE problem. It's manageable. But not ideal.

--I've been finding myself marvel at how deep the gameplay has become. Since i've been playing 2k for 10 years, it's easy to forget how far it's come. Right now, it's so deep! I'm loving how many different things are possible in a game! So many little sub-narratives go on, just like in real ball. I.e. Thon Maker tried to pump fake KG too many times then he got stripped. Or Middleton went on a run and then strategies started changing. It's awesome if you think about it.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #45
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3

Picked up my copy during my conference period and went home to get it installed. I had to come back to work, but now when I get out it will be ready to go.

Also...bought the standard version and apparently the employee giving me the preorder was new because I ended up with a $99 Kobe Legacy Edition Gold. Didn't even notice until I was out in my car.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #46
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Wanted to share my early park impressions:

Felt good, got three games in last night with my 6'8 point forward. Gameplay feels more weighted and contact was more prevalent. Got some nice forced pickups off of dribble spammers by just playing the angle.

I saw a playmaker PG attempt to be steph curry and fail miserably, also saw a point forward trying to hit contested threes and coming up empty. this bodes well for people having to learn to play to their strengths, at least for now. its funny how these guys both chose playmaking builds but then barely passed. I was looking at the TV with the Nick Young face.

me and a random post scoring C went to work on a squad of and 1 dribblers. shout out to my dude, always fun to get matched with a random and after a few plays realize that you're actually gonna share the ball and create good shots for each other. say what you want about the park, but that part is true to life. nothing bonds two strangers faster than the game of bball. and we've all played pickup with a dude who went nut and you wanted to kill him lol. I wanted to give this dude a virtual hug. I would have stayed longer but was already 2am east coast and id be dead right now.

the highest rated guys were preorder VC guys, (like me) around 85-86. took me about 120k in VC to fill the 80 upgrade slots you are given to start. hope the gameplay balance can remain even when guys start maxing out in the mid 90s. Happy with my build, had to really sacrifice on shooting off the dribble and post scoring, to add to where i wanted improvement. People are really going to have to evaluate how they play and where upgrades would take the most effect. FWIW, i ended up with 71 in open three, and was able to can two big ones in the last game i played. Both were open off of a good look. shout to my big man.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #47
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Lots of good impressions here so I'm just going to point out my biggest negative so far. This could be a result of me not being use to the controls and dribble stick so take that into account but I had instances last night where I would bump into a defender and it would force my player to pick up his dribble, playing on allstar. I felt like this happened too frequently especially since I was playing as Lebron. I feel like Lebron in most situations would absorb the contact and continue to dribble or atleast remain in control.

In one instance I was attempting to post up with Lebron as the shot clock was winding down. My plan was to attempt a fade away on my defender but he bumped me and it felt like I got caught in an animation not allowing me to shoot. I would have atleast liked if my player threw up a desperation shot when I attempted to shoot just to avoid the violation.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbandmjallday
maybe i just suck (probably not b/c i was great at 2k16 and all other 2ks before that)

this is my impressions after 3 play know games on hall of fame difficulty

ive yet to beat my man 1 on 1 to the basket i straight up cant get by the defender he stays in front of me the entire time like hes a mix between mj and bruce bowen meets dennis rodman

the layup meter is the dumbest addition added to a bball game ive ever seen half the time i cant even see the meter to time it correctly and 90% of the time i dont know if my guy is gng to dunk it or go for a layup

the only thing i can say about this game is that its smooth other than that its trash a giant bag of trash and i bought the legendary edition to smh
Why is it that everyone who can't easily beat their defender or can't time layups (cuz its skilled based now instead of just holding down a button and hoping for the best) say the game isn't good? I've been watching sim players who know the game of basketball play on hall of fame and their getting to into the lane consistently with players who are good at getting in the lane in real life. Gotta have skills this year to do it, not just spamming dribble animations together which is why it's great.

Your mini review assures me this is going to be the best 2k in years because people who don't have skills are complaining.... Can't wait to play people like you online who can't resort to spamming dribble or rigged layups with high rated players, will be a great year where sim players will dominate spammers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »