Home

NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #25
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
My opinion as follows:
Thanks for your input. One part I did leave out is Blake has a player option coming up so I could potentially
A) be giving up a bunch of assets just to have him leave
or
B) could just hold off to see if he's available as a FA and sign him then

That's part of the reason for my low ball offer and I think him not resigning is what held this deal up from happening in real life (that what some of the rumors were this summer anyway). I'm going to have to really think about it because it's a big gamble, but I'd love to add a Superstar like Blake to form my Big 3.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #26
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Thanks for your input. One part I did leave out is Blake has a player option coming up so I could potentially
A) be giving up a bunch of assets just to have him leave
or
B) could just hold off to see if he's available as a FA and sign him then

That's part of the reason for my low ball offer and I think him not resigning is what held this deal up from happening in real life (that what some of the rumors were this summer anyway). I'm going to have to really think about it because it's a big gamble, but I'd love to add a Superstar like Blake to form my Big 3.
Blake is a pretty loyal guy. I think, with the history of Boston and -- more importantly -- it's signing of Horford (the first notable free agent signing in Boston in ... years at least?), the attitude about the Celtics is changing. Plus, coming from the Clippers -- where the team doesn't seem to have any status in that town except as "the other team" -- Blake would feel some genuine fan love/appreciation.

And having Doc trade him, as opposed to anyone else, would definitely light a fire under him. Winning a title with Doc's former team before Doc does would be a sweet, sweet piece of payback, don't you think?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #27
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

trekfan.. or anyone really:

I want to play as the Celtics in a MyLeague and I want to get a new big three formed in Boston. I don't really like Bradley and Crowder going forward so what would you suggest I do to form a big three around Horford's talents?

Basically, what SG and SF would you target and who would you give up to get them? I'm not a big fan of the rookie Brown either, so he could be included in any potential trade in my universe lol.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:52 PM   #28
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
trekfan.. or anyone really:

I want to play as the Celtics in a MyLeague and I want to get a new big three formed in Boston. I don't really like Bradley and Crowder going forward so what would you suggest I do to form a big three around Horford's talents?

Basically, what SG and SF would you target and who would you give up to get them? I'm not a big fan of the rookie Brown either, so he could be included in any potential trade in my universe lol.
Well, that depends on what you want to do with Horford. Al's very versatile and could fit into any offense you deem to run -- he could stay inside and play low-post, he could drift outside and knock down some triples, he could live in the mid-range and work the high-post with turnarounds ... you could do a lot with him.

So, what are you looking to do with your team? You have Thomas, who's a scorer/drive and pass creator, but undersized. Ideally, if you're looking to move on from Bradley and Crowder, you're gonna want a co-second/third option to replace Bradley (and someone who can bring an above-average defense to the team).

Crowder is a glue guy, a plug-and-play type, so if you're looking to move on from him you're going to want to either clearly upgrade from him -- think Jimmy Butler (not Rudy Gay) or grab someone who fits better with your plans long-term (Brown apparently does not, so he's a bargaining chip to use however you feel).
Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 PM   #29
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Well, that depends on what you want to do with Horford. Al's very versatile and could fit into any offense you deem to run -- he could stay inside and play low-post, he could drift outside and knock down some triples, he could live in the mid-range and work the high-post with turnarounds ... you could do a lot with him.

So, what are you looking to do with your team? You have Thomas, who's a scorer/drive and pass creator, but undersized. Ideally, if you're looking to move on from Bradley and Crowder, you're gonna want a co-second/third option to replace Bradley (and someone who can bring an above-average defense to the team).

Crowder is a glue guy, a plug-and-play type, so if you're looking to move on from him you're going to want to either clearly upgrade from him -- think Jimmy Butler (not Rudy Gay) or grab someone who fits better with your plans long-term (Brown apparently does not, so he's a bargaining chip to use however you feel).
I miss my old KG, Allen, Pierce Celtics basically.. Post work, good mid range from KG, catch and shoot Ray Allen, and do-it-all Paul Pierce.

I feel like I can make Al Horford work much the same way that KG did when he came to Boston. I'll probably go back to the 07-08 Celtics playbook as well.. which played inside out for the most part i think.

Who would you target as the new "Ray Allen" and the new "Paul Pierce"? I know I could just make a custom roster and use the old Celtics but I honestly don't want to break the immersion like that. I want to find the future big 3 of the franchise and use current players only.

Last edited by gametyme89; 10-03-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm 42 games in Season 1 with the Knicks. I'm 23-19, First in the Division and 4th in the conference. Played 10 games, summed 10 games.

Melo and DRose are leading the team in Scoring (19ppg, 17 ppg) with KP averaging 15 ppg.

Brandon Jennings got hurt in the first game and missed the first month which led me to sign Norris Cole out of Free Agency.

So far Kyle Quinn(7ppg, 10 rpg), Norris Cole (7ppg, 6apg) and Kuzminskas (10ppg) have been killing it for me coming off the bench. Brandon Jennings still hasn't played a game-check since coming back from injury.

With half the season over, I'm making a push into the playoffs. I took a quick look around the league and noticed that the Clippers are sitting at 16-27 with Jordan and Redick missing considerable time to injury.

My question is, should I make a trade for Chris Paul at this time? The Clippers will almost certainly miss the playoffs this year and Chris Paul would be fuming. Although this situation may not be realistic in real life, I believe it's definitely realistic in this scenario.

What trade would be realistic? I'm definitely not giving up KP, as CP3 will probably be walking at the end of the year and I would have the upper hand in this scenario.

I'm thinking a Point and Shooting Guard swap would work Rose and Lee for Paul and Crawford (or Redick which I prefer but Cap space) and possibly a draft pick thrown in.

DRose has definitely performed great and I see it as the Clippers will somewhat make up for the loss of Paul.

*Update*
I'm at the Allstars break, sitting at 30-27. 5th in Conference, 2nd in Division, back one game behind the Raptors.

The Clippers are 20-36 tied for Dead last in the NBA with the Nets.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:08 AM   #31
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

I am looking for an upgrade at the wing. I mainly want to trade Smart and Olynyk. Smart is conning off the bench, but hasn't found his shot. His defence is solid though. Kelly O is not currently in the rotation due to my signing of Bosh at the beginning of the season who is now my bench PF. I was thinking a deal around Butler but I don't know what to do. Anyone else fit the bill as a 2-3 upgrade?

Smart+Kelly+Nets pick for Butler and bench scrub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #32
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
I miss my old KG, Allen, Pierce Celtics basically.. Post work, good mid range from KG, catch and shoot Ray Allen, and do-it-all Paul Pierce.

I feel like I can make Al Horford work much the same way that KG did when he came to Boston. I'll probably go back to the 07-08 Celtics playbook as well.. which played inside out for the most part i think.

Who would you target as the new "Ray Allen" and the new "Paul Pierce"? I know I could just make a custom roster and use the old Celtics but I honestly don't want to break the immersion like that. I want to find the future big 3 of the franchise and use current players only.
The "new" Ray Allen, huh? Well, immediately the first one to come to mind would be Buddy Hield. Buddy is a pure shooter and someone I firmly can see inhabiting that Ray Allen role; his ceiling isn't high, though, which -- for a young player -- is almost criminal. He's basically as good as he's going to be right now, you'll be able to improve him a little by using in-season training and offseason training, but he won't be approaching Ray's high points but he's also quite a good team player.

The "new" Paul Pierce is a much tougher find. You could make a case Brown might meet that standard, but it'll take him at least two seasons to improve his shot to the point you could see him maybe being a young Pierce. Pierce had quite a unique combination of scoring chops and versatility. You have your choice of a few guys in the NBA who could live up to such a lofty comparison:

1. Gordon Hayward. He played with Stevens at Butler and Hayward is likely (almost a lock) to opt out in the summer of 2017. Trade for him and give the Jazz back picks/vets to help them make the playoffs -- Utah desperately wants out of the rebuilding game.

2. Jimmy Butler. The Bulls nearly pulled this trade off in the offseason but got cold feet. If they start out poorly, you can easily pounce on them and use that desperation against them to swing a trade for Butler. Chicago's front office is only concerned about staying below the cap.

3. If you want to go younger at that position, send some picks to Miami for Winslow (they need youth desperately there and though parting with Winslow hurts, they're cap sheet is a mess the next few years. Cheap contracts are a must) or you could go after Stanley Johnson of Detroit (less need for them to do the trade but Johnson might be demanding the ball more the next few years the better he gets, SVG may just send him away for veteran players and picks to improve the long-term potential of the team).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »