Home

NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #33
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
The "new" Ray Allen, huh? Well, immediately the first one to come to mind would be Buddy Hield. Buddy is a pure shooter and someone I firmly can see inhabiting that Ray Allen role; his ceiling isn't high, though, which -- for a young player -- is almost criminal. He's basically as good as he's going to be right now, you'll be able to improve him a little by using in-season training and offseason training, but he won't be approaching Ray's high points but he's also quite a good team player.

The "new" Paul Pierce is a much tougher find. You could make a case Brown might meet that standard, but it'll take him at least two seasons to improve his shot to the point you could see him maybe being a young Pierce. Pierce had quite a unique combination of scoring chops and versatility. You have your choice of a few guys in the NBA who could live up to such a lofty comparison:

1. Gordon Hayward. He played with Stevens at Butler and Hayward is likely (almost a lock) to opt out in the summer of 2017. Trade for him and give the Jazz back picks/vets to help them make the playoffs -- Utah desperately wants out of the rebuilding game.

2. Jimmy Butler. The Bulls nearly pulled this trade off in the offseason but got cold feet. If they start out poorly, you can easily pounce on them and use that desperation against them to swing a trade for Butler. Chicago's front office is only concerned about staying below the cap.

3. If you want to go younger at that position, send some picks to Miami for Winslow (they need youth desperately there and though parting with Winslow hurts, they're cap sheet is a mess the next few years. Cheap contracts are a must) or you could go after Stanley Johnson of Detroit (less need for them to do the trade but Johnson might be demanding the ball more the next few years the better he gets, SVG may just send him away for veteran players and picks to improve the long-term potential of the team).
Thank you so much! I'm going to log into 2k and take a hard look at the guys you suggested and see what I can come up with. Love the way you go into detail about this stuff. Do you run a MyLeague or something where you give daily/weekly updates about the things you do? It's a fun read, i'd follow for sure.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #34
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
Thank you so much! I'm going to log into 2k and take a hard look at the guys you suggested and see what I can come up with. Love the way you go into detail about this stuff. Do you run a MyLeague or something where you give daily/weekly updates about the things you do? It's a fun read, i'd follow for sure.
No problem, I just did those this morning before my coffee, so don't take it as gospel.

As for the running a MyLeague, the top one linked in my sig -- "Through The Storm (2K17 St. Louis MyLeague)" is the dynasty I'm running this year with my expansion team. I'm documenting it in first person, past tense, so it's like if someone's telling you a story -- like what they did at work today or the crazy crap they saw on the freeway, like a buddy with a drink telling you about the weird things he's experienced in life ... that kind of thing.

It doesn't quite go into detail as I did with your question, the story is centered around my expansion team and their dealings, but I try to drop nuggets of info about other teams in there and their statuses.

My Sonics MyLeague from last year (located in my sig as well, below the St. Louis link) was more in-depth with the league wide dealings, so that might be more your flavor, but I try to be as thorough as I can without burning myself out.

But enough of that, if you need any further ideas, drop a line here. I love trade discussion, it's a fun exercise in "what-ifs".
Old 10-04-2016, 12:30 PM   #35
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

What about this trade I made in my Kings rebuild. Rudy Gay has said he wouldn't resign so we dealt him to the Lakers, a team hes expressed real intrest in.

Only way I could make sure everyone gets the proper assets is a 3 team trade.

SAC receive:
Markeiff Morris
Nick Young (Expiring)

WAS recieve:
Darren Collison (Expiring)
Lou Williams (Expiring)

LAL recieve:
Rudy Gay (Expiring)
Trey Burke

I think this is a good trade. Gave the Kings much needed depth at PF. Gave Washington more scoring options in their back court from the bench aswell as getting out from under Morris' big Pheonix contract. Gave LA a potential solid stretch 4 for pennies on the dollar if he'll resign.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
What about this trade I made in my Kings rebuild. Rudy Gay has said he wouldn't resign so we dealt him to the Lakers, a team hes expressed real intrest in.

Only way I could make sure everyone gets the proper assets is a 3 team trade.

SAC receive:
Markeiff Morris
Nick Young (Expiring)

WAS recieve:
Darren Collison (Expiring)
Lou Williams (Expiring)

LAL recieve:
Rudy Gay (Expiring)
Trey Burke

I think this is a good trade. Gave the Kings much needed depth at PF. Gave Washington more scoring options in their back court from the bench aswell as getting out from under Morris' big Pheonix contract. Gave LA a potential solid stretch 4 for pennies on the dollar if he'll resign.

Where does Gay fit with the Lakers? They already have Deng and Ingram at SF.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #37
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
Where does Gay fit with the Lakers? They already have Deng and Ingram at SF.
He's actually more effective as a power forward off the bench.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #38
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

Quote:
No problem, I just did those this morning before my coffee, so don't take it as gospel.

As for the running a MyLeague, the top one linked in my sig -- "Through The Storm (2K17 St. Louis MyLeague)" is the dynasty I'm running this year with my expansion team. I'm documenting it in first person, past tense, so it's like if someone's telling you a story -- like what they did at work today or the crazy crap they saw on the freeway, like a buddy with a drink telling you about the weird things he's experienced in life ... that kind of thing.

It doesn't quite go into detail as I did with your question, the story is centered around my expansion team and their dealings, but I try to drop nuggets of info about other teams in there and their statuses.

My Sonics MyLeague from last year (located in my sig as well, below the St. Louis link) was more in-depth with the league wide dealings, so that might be more your flavor, but I try to be as thorough as I can without burning myself out.

But enough of that, if you need any further ideas, drop a line here. I love trade discussion, it's a fun exercise in "what-ifs".
Ok, well in that case. Pretend you were playing my Celtics and you're executing my trade. Who is your future Paul Pierce? How do you get him? Who do you trade?

I think I can handle the "future" Ray Allen on my own. But I am curious what you do to acquire a future face of the franchise NOT named Jaylen Brown (i just personally don't care for him).
Old 10-04-2016, 01:06 PM   #39
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
Ok, well in that case. Pretend you were playing my Celtics and you're executing my trade. Who is your future Paul Pierce? How do you get him? Who do you trade?

I think I can handle the "future" Ray Allen on my own. But I am curious what you do to acquire a future face of the franchise NOT named Jaylen Brown (i just personally don't care for him).
If I'm going after "future Paul Pierce" then I'm going Jimmy Butler. Hayward you can make a really good case for, but Butler is better in two key ways:

1. He's on a MUCH cheaper contract for at least the next three years (he'll opt out when his player option hits, as he should) then any contract Hayward would be on after 2016 (he'll opt out and sign for mega money).

2. He's more accomplished as a star -- he plays defense, offense, everything, and he can do it as the alpha, which he wants to be. Al's a great guy but as an alpha player, he's never been quite good enough. He's a better beta than an alpha, IMO (and I'm a Gators fan, I saw him win back-to-back titles, but he never was "the guy" on those Gator teams).

Given that Chicago is a mess right now -- they signed Rondo and Wade (why? Who knows) and Butler is probably tired of their crap. The Bulls will want cheap, young players back and guys they won't have to pay a ton to in the coming years -- they'll want to sell their fans on Wade/Rondo in the now and the young guys/picks as the future.

So, I'd send Brown + 1 future first (not Nets -- those are gold/nuclear weapons, only use to nab someone who's SUPER good or going to be). Toss in a young guard (Rozier/Young ... probably not Smart as seeing he'll be wanting lots of money after this season and the Bulls probably wouldn't like that commitment). Maybe a definite low future, future 1st if it feels unfair.

It's a steep-ish price, but Butler is worth it and can instantly catapult you into title contender status. Him, Horford, and "future" Ray will be special.

I'd also ship out Isiah Thomas. I like his game but he's too ball dominant a scorer and not as accomplished a passer as Rondo was for that Celtics title team. I'd move Smart into the starting role, knowing he won't bring much offense (Rondo didn't either) but he'll lock down dudes. Defensively, your team will be nasty with a lineup Smart, Butler, and Horford in the lineup. I'd use Thomas to grad Future Ray or bolster my bench with talented youngish bets.

The scoring order in the first-unit would run Butler/Horford/Future Ray, and anyone else is gravy. Get a scorer for your second-unit to bolster the bench, a good two-guard (not undersized) and you can flip some lineups around if the situation needs it. Butler can be a two or a three, he's more naturally a two, but his defensive chops may be needed at the three for guys like LeBron.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #40
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

Quote:
If I'm going after "future Paul Pierce" then I'm going Jimmy Butler. Hayward you can make a really good case for, but Butler is better in two key ways:

1. He's on a MUCH cheaper contract for at least the next three years (he'll opt out when his player option hits, as he should) then any contract Hayward would be on after 2016 (he'll opt out and sign for mega money).

2. He's more accomplished as a star -- he plays defense, offense, everything, and he can do it as the alpha, which he wants to be. Al's a great guy but as an alpha player, he's never been quite good enough. He's a better beta than an alpha, IMO (and I'm a Gators fan, I saw him win back-to-back titles, but he never was "the guy" on those Gator teams).

Given that Chicago is a mess right now -- they signed Rondo and Wade (why? Who knows) and Butler is probably tired of their crap. The Bulls will want cheap, young players back and guys they won't have to pay a ton to in the coming years -- they'll want to sell their fans on Wade/Rondo in the now and the young guys/picks as the future.

So, I'd send Brown + 1 future first (not Nets -- those are gold/nuclear weapons, only use to nab someone who's SUPER good or going to be). Toss in a young guard (Rozier/Young ... probably not Smart as seeing he'll be wanting lots of money after this season and the Bulls probably wouldn't like that commitment). Maybe a definite low future, future 1st if it feels unfair.

It's a steep-ish price, but Butler is worth it and can instantly catapult you into title contender status. Him, Horford, and "future" Ray will be special.

I'd also ship out Isiah Thomas. I like his game but he's too ball dominant a scorer and not as accomplished a passer as Rondo was for that Celtics title team. I'd move Smart into the starting role, knowing he won't bring much offense (Rondo didn't either) but he'll lock down dudes. Defensively, your team will be nasty with a lineup Smart, Butler, and Horford in the lineup. I'd use Thomas to grad Future Ray or bolster my bench with talented youngish bets.

The scoring order in the first-unit would run Butler/Horford/Future Ray, and anyone else is gravy. Get a scorer for your second-unit to bolster the bench, a good two-guard (not undersized) and you can flip some lineups around if the situation needs it. Butler can be a two or a three, he's more naturally a two, but his defensive chops may be needed at the three for guys like LeBron.
Awesome stuff!!!

What do you think of prying Durant from GSW and finding a way to get him on Washington to play with Wall and Beal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »