Home

What Difficulty Level Are You On?

This is a discussion on What Difficulty Level Are You On? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
What Difficulty Level Are You On?

So, I started this game on superstar level, which is what I played on 2K16.

I don't know what's going on, but every AI teams becomes super human and does not miss a shot, while I can't hit the freaking ocean.

The Knicks just got out to a 16-3 lead in the 1st quarter, missing one total shot. Melo of course had 11 points.

Did I really just become a horrible player after one year? What is the secret to playing defense this year? How do you get the AI to actually miss shots? It literally seems impossible to me at this point. I've quit the game is disgust every time I've played it because I just get blown out from the tip.

It's so frustrating when the AI literally makes every single shot they seem to take. Please someone share their secrets on winning and stopping the AI on anything higher than all star. My excitement level for this game is so low right now I don't even want to play anymore.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What Difficulty Level Are You On?

Put it on HOF with 96 Bulls vs 98 Spurs, ran triangle based freelance, turned off ACE and dialed in def settings to stop D.Robinson and scraped them with clutch MJ.

Beat HOF with gameplanning and shot timing. Omg I love it. Never thought this day would come.

I'm MyCareer I'm on straight PRO though. Can't do anything with my low rated player. LOVE that as full team, or player lock with MJ I can dominate on high diff, but with bad teams/players...they kill me.

The fear of bad shots is real.

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 09-16-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
Pro

Learning the nuances on All Star.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #4
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

I've always started on rookie and the next level up in 2k. This year, started on Hall of Fame. Team ball, ball movement. I don't use iso ball. Matchups are competitive early on, and back to reality when I start playing sloppy ball when the cpu works its magic in a realistic way. Honey moon phase. Real impression will probably come 1 month later and what 2k decides to do with their first patch. Loving the competitive cpu this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

I don't know what's going on, but every AI teams becomes super human and does not miss a shot, while I can't hit the freaking ocean.

The Knicks just got out to a 16-3 lead in the 1st quarter, missing one total shot. Melo of course had 11 points.

Did I really just become a horrible player after one year? What is the secret to playing defense this year? How do you get the AI to actually miss shots? It literally seems impossible to me at this point. I've quit the game is disgust every time I've played it because I just get blown out from the tip.

It's so frustrating when the AI literally makes every single shot they seem to take. Please someone share their secrets on winning and stopping the AI on anything higher than all star. My excitement level for this game is so low right now I don't even want to play anymore.

Cpu do miss on hall of fame, but my only strategy is to stick close to the cpu and shot contest. sometimes you have to icon select the off ball player to prevent the cpu from screening your off ball player defender to create space for their outside shooters.

And no, I'm not that good of a 2k player.

Edit: to make you feel beter, 2k16 hall of fame, i could keep the game close and win some. but in 2k17, I'm getting blown out by the cpu by 30, 40 points, but I don't have an problem with the way the cpu executes. still loving the game.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-16-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10

1st game I was Warriors vs Wizards. Won 129-121, 12 min. I got 59% fg and Wizards 51% - too high, but maybe it was just one game, or this is Warriors style

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI RIO-L01 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

FINALLY. I feel your pain, bro. I was starting to think to be the only one with this problem. I'm pretty sure the devs are going to fix it (editing superstar or adding an inbetween), cause they left out a big part of us.

I understand the gameplanning and all that stuff, but allstar is too easy and those levels above are super-boosted. Personally, i just want a level where ratings matter, played with ace and realistic percentages (like last year superstar/sim).

At the moment the game jumps from user-boosted levels to super-boosted AI. I'm surprised they didn't try to recreate that amount of challenge (superstar/sim was the most played last year).

Anyway, select hall of fame and adjust CPU sliders (make them equal to human ones). It's not last year's superstar but it's the most similar i've tried until now...
Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
FINALLY. I feel your pain, bro. I was starting to think to be the only one with this problem. I'm pretty sure the devs are going to fix it (editing superstar or adding an inbetween), cause they left out a big part of us.

I understand the gameplanning and all that stuff, but allstar is too easy and those levels above are super-boosted. Personally, i just want a level where ratings matter, played with ace and realistic percentages (like last year superstar/sim).

Spoiler
You might have a valid concern, but just a comment about the above statements. It was the same last year. People said rookie and allstar were too easy and the next level up was too hard. 2k may have succumb to the vocal concerns and made the game easier. Hall of fame and the immediate level below were initially very challenging especially shooting. Whatever 2k did made the game easy. Hall of fame shots were falling easy for the user. Something simply changed.

Always takes me a few weeks to get acclimated to the CPU on the lower levels. I wish impressions were completely closed until 1 week after to give users time to get over the honeymoon phase, whether it's good or bad.

PS. I'm a terrible 2k player. You'd probably be able to destroy me online. But from my limited experience, I like the way the CPU is playing. Defense, fighting around screens, and shot contest help to stop their shots from falling on Hall of Fame, and the lower difficulty levels.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-16-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
Banned

Difficulty is done COMPLETELY different this year.

Czar broke down how him and OG did it in his streams. Go to you tube and watch his recent vids on his channel.

It's literally ALL based on game planning, and the higher the difficulty, the more adjustments the AI will throw at you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »