Home

Does Visual Concepts owe us Loyalty VC for those of us that continue to buy?

This is a discussion on Does Visual Concepts owe us Loyalty VC for those of us that continue to buy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Does Visual Concepts owe us Loyalty VC for those of us that continue to buy?

I'm getting used to the idea that I'm paying $60/year to belong to Club 2k Basketball. Each year, they'll give me slider tweaks, update the graphics/rosters, and put in some new variations to the modes.

But they're also going to erase my character each year, so why not give me some free VC for being so loyal to this club?

2nd time buying: 5k
3rd time buying: 10k
4th time buying: 15k
etc...
etc...

It would make me feel better about belonging to this club and having to make my guy from scratch each year. It ain't even very much VC, but I think we deserve it for continuing to buy their DLC every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Does Visual Concepts owe us Loyalty VC for those of us that continue to buy?

That's not how capitalism works. Why give you a deal when they already know they've got you without it
Old 09-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: Does Visual Concepts owe us Loyalty VC for those of us that continue to buy?

No they don't owe us anything. They put out a great game and we buy it.

This is not a club, it's a game that comes out every year.

This idea doesn't make any sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 09-16-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco

I think it's a club because a lot of people seem to be buying it in order to continue playing with their friends. If your friends all leave to 2k17, how are you going to play park with them now?

And while I love 2k, the differences are pretty small between each release. I get more bang for my buck in other games DLC. (Typical of DLC: New modes, new items, new animations, new levels, new stages, new storylines, etc.)

We're basically getting four $15 DLCs (Updates to their 4 main modes), but we have to buy all of them....

And they don't owe us anything, I guess, but it would be nice... My Credit Card, Grocery Stores, Fast Food, etc... all give me free money/discounts/coupons for being a loyal customer. I have been buying 2k for years, that'd be really cool of them to reward me for being so loyal.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 09-16-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha.

Owe is a bad word, I guess.

You're completely cool with not being able to make a decent myplayer day 1 of getting the game even preordering? I'm personally not. We should get at least 20k. The sad thing is 2k is selling more and more ridic versions and giving the ones who buy "normal version" nothing.

The loyalty bonus is for those who wanna shell out 100 bucks for the game. heh.

Owe is the wrong word, but the correct answer is yes they should give us bonuses for being longtime purchasers of the game and likely VC. 2k isn't gonna be the best bball game forever. It doesn't really hurt them, IMO, to give us 20k vc instead of 5k. 5k vc is really low.

Edit: @ why give something when you already know you're getting it... cuz it matters. It absolutely does. And it doesn't matter in the grand scheme. People notice that they are being short changed. A little extra VC for preordering years in a row is not doing any damage to 2k, but it's painting them as a company that cares. That matters even in capitalism.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 09-16-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak

Owe is the wrong word, but the correct answer is yes they should give us bonuses for being longtime purchasers of the game and likely VC. 2k isn't gonna be the best bball game forever. It doesn't really hurt them, IMO, to give us 20k vc instead of 5k. 5k vc is really low.

Edit: @ why give something when you already know you're getting it... cuz it matters. It absolutely does. And it doesn't matter in the grand scheme. People notice that they are being short changed. A little extra VC for preordering years in a row is not doing any damage to 2k, but it's painting them as a company that cares. That matters even in capitalism.

-Smak

You're right... they don't owe us, but yeah... it'd be nice. And it keeps us coming back if another game (NBA Live) decides to get it together.

The 3rd Richest Man in the World says the key to business lies in 3 words: "Delight your customer." There is a reason he is the 3rd most successful capitalist in the world.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
haha.

Owe is a bad word, I guess.

You're completely cool with not being able to make a decent myplayer day 1 of getting the game even preordering? I'm personally not. We should get at least 20k. The sad thing is 2k is selling more and more ridic versions and giving the ones who buy "normal version" nothing.

The loyalty bonus is for those who wanna shell out 100 bucks for the game. heh.

-Smak
Yes, owe is a terrible word in this instance. They don't owe us anything, the product they have delivered is as advertised, if not better.

I'd be perfectly fine if we got a VC bonus or something but I'm not upset nor was I expecting a loyalty bonus of any kind.

To make a good player you can either buy VC and use it to upgrade or you can just play the game as intended and upgrade that way. Just my opinion but I really don't think it's that big of a deal and I don't think this is some sort of club.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 09-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Yes, owe is a terrible word in this instance. They don't owe us anything, the product they have delivered is as advertised, if not better.

Well, here is where you and I disagree. You're fine, they've got you for life... but not me.

I'm fed up with the games we have been getting, but I continue to buy them for a few reasons:
1) There is no other NBA Videogame Franchise competing with 2k.
2) I want to keep playing in a populated game that "matters" and not with the people who "stay behind" in 2k16.
3)There is about $20 worth of improvement (DLC) to MyCareer, which is the only mode I play.

That said, if another game comes along... I might jump ship. HOWEVER, if 2k starts treating me like an appreciated customer for buying so many of their games (lots of companies do this), then I might actually stick around and even become just as loyal to their product as you are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »