Home

MyLeague online is broke. This is PATHETIC.

This is a discussion on MyLeague online is broke. This is PATHETIC. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 10:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague online is broke. This is PATHETIC.

I wouldn't even call it constructive criticism, its simply asking a question over and over and having it never be answered. If 2k doesn't want to put in the work to have a working OA, that's cool if they'd said it. But they know people want to run multiple seasons online but were not allowed too. I don't wanna be a dick but when you see them focus on new shoes for my player and a keeper band aid for OA, I would hope people understand the frustration of this being the only sports game you can't run multiple seasons.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #10
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Constructive Criticism - I want you to have your opinion, positive or negative. I want you to voice your opinion, positive or negative. But when said opinion goes from 'This is what I think, this is why I think it, respect' to 'This is what I think, go **** yourself and the devs are garbage/lazy' that's when you get banned. And yes - first time offense is a permanent ban.

Broke this exact rule more than once.

FWIW, No, I do not think your post was constructive. It seemed more like a rant to me.

Just trying to help, sorry.
He 's not exactly giving his opinion, he's stating facts.
Now that the game is out, there's no place for speculations. He simmed several seasons in MLO and said that there's no players developpement and no way to import our own draft classes.... LD2k said that these functions were in. He's right to be mad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 09-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I mean, if progression isn't working, that's a perfectly valid criticism to make. But the tone of the post and the aggressiveness of it pushes it into an attack more than a criticism. People really don't understand how difficult it is to make something the size of a game like 2k when you only have a year to do it. Software development is hard. Art is hard. They can both be very time consuming and very expensive. They have to set priorities, and they have very little time. Quite frankly I'm amazed they get as much done as they do each year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

it works it may not work the way you want it to...It's not broken
Old 09-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Constructive Criticism - I want you to have your opinion, positive or negative. I want you to voice your opinion, positive or negative. But when said opinion goes from 'This is what I think, this is why I think it, respect' to 'This is what I think, go **** yourself and the devs are garbage/lazy' that's when you get banned. And yes - first time offense is a permanent ban.

Broke this exact rule more than once.

FWIW, No, I do not think your post was constructive. It seemed more like a rant to me.

Just trying to help, sorry.

I appreciate the feedback

I removed the word lazy from the original post and changed some other wording

My point still stands that this is unacceptable though. They've gotta give some more attention to the online leagues....we pay our money just like the MyPlayer fans
Old 09-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #14
Pro

nddot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
I mean, if progression isn't working, that's a perfectly valid criticism to make. But the tone of the post and the aggressiveness of it pushes it into an attack more than a criticism. People really don't understand how difficult it is to make something the size of a game like 2k when you only have a year to do it. Software development is hard. Art is hard. They can both be very time consuming and very expensive. They have to set priorities, and they have very little time. Quite frankly I'm amazed they get as much done as they do each year.

I get what you're saying, but if a company advertised some features that makes me want buy the game and it appears that they outright lied, i'd be pissed too.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis

It's not an attack, it's facts

You can't use the "software development is time consuming" excuse when madden is able to have a REAL online franchise mode with a. Draft, free agency, player progression, training camps, etc

Why can madden do it and 2k can't?

2k devotes a lot of time to stuff like MyPlayer and custom sneakers....anything to get guys to spend money on virtual coins

I really wish y'all would stop making excuses

I wish I had people at my job who made excuses for me when I didn't do what I was supposed to.

Faithful supporter: "Yeah Houston911 was supposed to do this, but it's really hard. I'm amazed he accomplished what he did."

Objective person: "Well xyz accomplished what they were supposed to, why couldn't Houston911?"

Faithful supporter: "ummmmm, just player MyPlayer"". That mode works."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston911

Faithful supporter: "ummmmm, just player MyPlayer"". That mode works."
Secret from me to you: it doesn't. haha. It never has. It 'works' but it's not good... it's a lot more bare than they would have you believe when you strip a lot of the bells and whistles ( like 'responding' to texts, cutscenes that are imo not necessary, trying to make it into a 'story' instead of just you out there balling.)

Plus, there are glitches, there are freezes, it's wonky at times. It's about par for the course. Any of us who went deep into franchise mode back n the day know 2ks franchises and leagues are wonky.

It sucks that they misrepresented the features of OA, but 2k has flaws in every mode. The reason we play myplayer is cuz we wanna use our dude online. Not because it's a good mode. And frankly I dunno how else to earn VC easily.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »