Home

Official MLO Issues

This is a discussion on Official MLO Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 01:31 AM   #49
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Official MLO Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Just noticed something else, the keeper value you see isn't the current keeper value. I think it's the original deal... Which is a pain because teams have no clue how many yrs the player has left unless they are admin and can go into edit player contract. Overall, it's a mess.
The draft class saving is welcome news but the keeper years, though not my cup of tea when it comes to offseason free agency, has got to be addressed. They touted this feature as the premier addition to the mode and fantasy MLO guys deserve to have it functioning.

I am however ecstatic about the progression issue being fixed. Simmons progressing from a 79 to an 82 is on point and portends well for other high draft pick talent throughout the league. What about regression though? Are veteran yet not old players regressing as drastically as they were in your initial tests?

Thanks for doing the community a solid with these in depth tests of the mode Swim. We are just enjoying the stability that the mode provides in the initial phases of our 30 man league, that plans on using a custom real life draft class and a manual work around free agency based on the CBA; so your testing is valuable knowledge for what lies ahead for all admins in filling in the gaps that 2k seems to always leave in this mode, in its latest lackluster effort to provide the Online Franchise community with you know....an actual Online Franchise like Madden, or better yet like it's offline counter part.

Some observations thus far 50 plus games played in our league and with the injury frequency slider cranked up to 100, we have yet to see one "in-game" injury. They only seem to work when games are simmed. Chalk that up to being a placebo slider pending anyone actually reporting that they have seen an "in-game" injury in MLO with video evidence to boot.

Might as well take the "myleague" moniker from this mode and leave it out of the MYGM/Myleague grouping because it's clear there's no Myleague offline type of customization in MLO and no GMing as well with these "keeper contracts" in lieu of anything resembling what is offered in the offline offering. /rant over

P.S. I love the gameplay on HOF and the game in general this year, shot meter input lag frustrations aside .

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 09-27-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:53 AM   #50
Rookie

PSKingpin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
So a couple of other test results:
Draft classes save, sort of.... one thing I noticed is the College definitely changes. Giles went from Duke to Dayton lol...Not sure when it happens as I just import class, sim season then test draft. I will have to double check if ratings adjust.

Random keeper years is actually random now. You can also switch it mid season which is kinda nice. We started as a 2 year but I don't want the whole lg on a 2 yr deal. It will be a true random 2-5 yrs. So we can probably close that issue.

Progression: I'm still in my offseason draft, but another guy testing it said players progress after the draft. Said Ben Simmons went from 79-82 in one offseason. Maybe could get a little more progression, but that might be nitpicking. I will have to doublecheck myself but that is good news.
so how would I go about extending keeper contracts in my current online league, to 7 years or more?
Old 09-27-2016, 08:07 AM   #51
Rookie

It is still imposible to reset games in Playoffs (for 2nd year). If someone had trouble with connection and leave the game - it will be simulated and cannot be reset. So we need to play for 3 wins (not 4) in PO because of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRussianBoss
It is still imposible to reset games in Playoffs (for 2nd year). If someone had trouble with connection and leave the game - it will be simulated and cannot be reset. So we need to play for 3 wins (not 4) in PO because of this.

Ouch really!!! I thought that there was a forgive thing going on but not on connection lost!?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #53
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRussianBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
- Unfortunately I ran out of time and couldn't implement playoff game revert in MyLEAGUE Online in a way that I was confident won't lead to progression blockers/corrupted leagues. We did add an option though for the user that remains in the game asking whether they wish to forgive the quit and not have the game simulated as a win for them.
Leftos, we have had some disconnects and have not seen this option that you said was implemented as a work around for not being able to reset playoff games? Can you provide some clarification whether you mispoke on the implementation of this feature? This is a huge issue so hopefully it can be patched in or added in this cycle. We cannot go another year of not being able to reset playoff games that can ruin an entire season when they happen at crucial points in the playoffs. Thanks in advance for your response.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Any chance we can get the correct keeper years showing on player? This is a big issue because teams have no idea when their player will be up for free agency. I think it's showing original contract years instead of years left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #55
Rookie

PSKingpin's Arena

@Leftos can we have the option to remove keepers but still have regression/progression and the offseason draft?

the whole point of franchise is to see how well users can build a team over multiple seasons. why do well with a player and progress them only to lose them in 2 or 3 seasons. the work around would be to restart league with no draft and custom roster after every 3 seasons. That will take a lot of work, going around the league checking every player that progressed and regressed including badge upgrades.

another thing, a bunch of members are experiencing lag when not hosting. shot meter is delayed and even glitches on some players.

the league games were a lot smoother in 2K16, why has it gotten so much worse in 2K17. its ruining my online league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #56
Rookie

Progression fix:

What You need to do is only change potential for every single player to 99. For example, Lavine 78 Ovr. His potential is 78, so his already maxed out, but his only 21 years old. So u can play with him 10 seasons, but he will always be 78 ovrl rated guy. This little trick will make a big change.

The best thing about this 99 potential is, that all players won`t go just up by default, it depends on their performance. If some of the guys had bad season their ratings will drop, and if season was great, stats will go up.
For the old guys - if they played great individually, stats will stay the same or maybe even improve.

So the guys who take on rebuilding teams, now can enjoy the fruits of having great season with specific young players, cause if You end up with great season, You will be rewarded with better stats next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »