Home

This year's game feels REALLY rushed...

This is a discussion on This year's game feels REALLY rushed... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #33
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This year's game feels REALLY rushed...

Gameplay is more important than ANYTHING in any game. Its just like a car...you can add rims, wash it and give it a shine...add new stuff to it etc...but if the engine aint worth 2 cents all the other stuff dont matter because the car aint gonna run. Same with a game...you can add features and all that other stuff...but if core gameplay is broken then that other stuff dont matter...nobody will play a game if core gameplay is broken. 2k got gameplay down pat! The other bugs can be fixed....my hope is that in the process of fixing the secondary bugs that it doesnt mess up the gameplay! Take your time on that patch 2k.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #34
Rookie

ricardo.13's Arena

OVR: 1

Many casual players in this thread.LOL
True players that play since PS2 are happy and playing, an update will fixs some bugs.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #35
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I think what people need to realize is this is NBA 2K and not freaking Madden. This game is a million times better than Madden or NHL and Live. The thing is we aren't comparing it to those sub-par sim-ish games. We're comparing it to 2k16, 2k15, 2k14, etc.

With that said I like the game so far. I see the direction and effort, and that has me optimistic.

Man i wish players on Madden performed individual moves and teams played like themselves like they do on 2k17. Still waiting for the day that happens because that day will be the first day...and thats coming from someone who is enj o ying Madden 17 a whole lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #36
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Gameplay is more important than ANYTHING in any game. Its just like a car...you can add rims, wash it and give it a shine...add new stuff to it etc...but if the engine aint worth 2 cents all the other stuff dont matter because the car aint gonna run. Same with a game...you can add features and all that other stuff...but if core gameplay is broken then that other stuff dont matter...nobody will play a game if core gameplay is broken. 2k got gameplay down pat! The other bugs can be fixed....my hope is that in the process of fixing the secondary bugs that it doesnt mess up the gameplay! Take your time on that patch 2k.
Yep. This 100%. None of the modes would matter if the gameplay was garbage but the game plays way better than 16. I wish they would delay until the kinks are worked on though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
You do realize they get three years to make a call of duty game right? Battlefield 1 was announced back in 2014 it's 2016.

It's only fair the compare 2k to other yearly sports game
Not to mention most of those AAA FPS matchmaking games have tons of problems. I remember when the current systems came out. Battlefield was almost unplayable. Same with Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Halo Master Chief Collection had and still has tons of issues.

Like you said, those games have years to get things right and they often launch with tons of problems.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #38
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

I guess I am missing all the bugs because I haven't experienced anything less than the best sports game ever made. Anyone care to enlighten us on these bugs? I think crowd noise could be improved, but the rest of the game is near perfect to me.
Golden State Warriors
Old 09-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
Yep, you're definitely in the MINORITY bro. A super minority. Nearly invisible minority.
Seriously...anyone who admits they want 2k16 or 15 back...

Not up for that challenge to learn anything new and adjust, go back to your safe-space.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #40
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

The TO sub bug is pretty glaring and I believe points to a bit of a rushed product.

I'll co sign this. Still a good game though and will be even better with patches. Welcome to today's video game world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »