Home

Are injuries a problem?

This is a discussion on Are injuries a problem? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are injuries a problem?

I started a new Career got drafted to the Pelicans what was fine for me but now nearly 30īs games into the season Anthony Davis played like 4 games, the first injury lasted 1 month than he played 1 game and was injured again :-) hope he will be back soon!
Old 10-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

We can try to compare our settings.

I play with 76ers, not the most reliable cast, I know, but the guys who got hurt were not the usual suspects.

I play MyLeague with 82 game season, best of 7 play-off format and 12 min quarters on superstar difficulty. Started about 100 games, finished only about 30 due to injuries, rage quit or some other bs.

I rarely use Turbo, only for dunks and blocks, otherwise it's useless in my experience. I take below 20 threes a game, and that is the majority of my jump shots, avoiding mid-range, most of the points come from the post game, points in the paint and free throws. I don't spam the dribble moves and I rest my main players more than Greg Popovich. So it comes as a huge surprise to see any of my guys fall like a sack of potatoes after a wide open jump shot.

Injury frequency has been at 50, 25, 5, 1 and then 100. No noticable difference. Perhaps its a season length thing. The longer the season the more injuries You are going to see.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Yeah its a problem and it's one of the reasons i hate this game. I have to remove James Harden injury every game because he gets hurt. Im dead serious that it's every freaking game. I even have durability at 90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #12
Rookie

Also cpu doesn't seem to get all these injuries but only user. Everything in this years game seems to be to handicap the user.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #13
Rookie

I'm about 30 games into a Suns MyGM. Bledsoe just went down for the 3rd time. (First sprained ankle Day-to-Day, 2nd high ankle sprain 2 weeks). Now he's broken an ankle and is out for 4-6 weeks.
Booker just came back from the same injury and Warren is also out with an ankle sprain.
Len and Barbosa also missed small amounts of time through ankle injuries.
Literally every injury is ankle related, and mostly on jumpshots.
Hopefully this can be altered in the next patch, it's almost making the mode unplayable.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #14
MVP

This happens a lot in MyCareer, i have injured about 5-7 players by contesting their jumpshots. In my main MyCareer the Warriors lost Curry for about 2 months, then i played against them, 'injured' draymond green on a jumpshot and Durant went down as well. And Pachulia was injured around the same time as Curry as well.
Im assuming its something to do with wear and tear over the season, almost all injuries seemed to be on jumpshots or rebounds. Only other injury ive seen is in MyGM where Durant(on the Spurs) got a bruised rib from a Draymond Green drive to the hoop.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyPButter
Also cpu doesn't seem to get all these injuries but only user. Everything in this years game seems to be to handicap the user.
Im not sure what sliders you have are but the CPU has has suffered some injuries to their best players at crucial times in the ML games Ive played.

This issue is a tough one to get your head around.

Some posters are seeing none. Im definitely in the group that has seen a few too many. I had to increase the durability of my best guy because he kept getting hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 03:14 AM   #16
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

I have had a huge issue with injuries in played games in my test MyLeague's. I would I kid you not lose someone to an injury every single game (I only played 5 games as it was just testing but still). I played with the Rockets and Harden got injured two or three times in that window I removed his injuries though.

It is also always ankle injuries it seems and they occur in the 3rd quarter generally. Harden has proven to be one of the more durable players in the NBA since arriving in Houston and multiple times last year would literally play the entire 2nd half without a break but in 2k it is simply impossible. If he doesnt get injured he is dead tired.

I have played with sliders and I just dont know what to do with opening day rosters coming up soon. No matter what I do I get bit by injuries hard core. I am considering playing every game this year but I cant do it if I am having an injury every single game. I have tried lowering injury frequency I have upped durability I have tinkered with all the sliders but I still get screwed.

If anyone that has no problems with injuries playing every game please post your sliders.

Also FWIW I had edited Harden's durability to be ~90+ on every thing and he would still get injured.

Finally unrelated but is anyone having issues getting foul calls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »