Home

Protecting the Ball in the Post Discussion:

This is a discussion on Protecting the Ball in the Post Discussion: within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Protecting the Ball in the Post Discussion:

So, I want you guys to imagine this. Maybe I have some fatal flaw in the way I am approaching things. Imagine there is someone feeding the ball to my big man on the left side of the 3 point line. Everyone else is on the right side so it'd be risky to pass to them. If the guard feeds me the ball, I catch it on my big man, and the guard digs down, what is my option other than A: get the ball immediately stolen or B. Pass the ball back to the guard.

This is what I've found almost works: switch your post position to the opposite so that your body is protecting the ball. That's awesome, and kind of works, but is there some way to like hold the ball high or protect the ball from a swiping defender? I'm sayin, something to give you that extra 1 second or so to maybe have a play develop other than switching your body to the other side? Something that you can be sure to know "This guy is gonna dig down and attempt a steal, but he's not gonna get it on the first try."

Also, I am hopeful that "post control" might be related to securing the ball in the post, opposed to the ability to make post moves/not travel; does anyone know?

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Protecting the Ball in the Post Discussion:

Yah all you have to do is flick the right stick toward the basket, it should do a little animation where he lifts the ball up high for a moment, figured that one out as i to was curious if they were ever going to add it.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Protecting the Ball in the Post Discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippini
Yah all you have to do is flick the right stick toward the basket, it should do a little animation where he lifts the ball up high for a moment, figured that one out as i to was curious if they were ever going to add it.
That's awesome if that's true. I gotta implement it into my game. You have no idea how much of a life saver that would be.

Thanks dude.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »