Home

SimCast Struggles

This is a discussion on SimCast Struggles within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

bake502's Arena

OVR: 1
SimCast Struggles

So as an avid MyGM guy, SimCast has been a blessing for the last couple of years. Last year it had its issues when entering games but right now the feature is borderline unusable because of issues and I wanted to know if anyone had a workaround or at least felt my pain when playing. Thus far I've experienced something that occurred last year which is silence when entering, but with the mechanic last year it went away after the first stoppage and also only featured a silent crowd. This year upon entering a game, there is no crowd noise until they are triggered on a free throw on other happening and after said occurrence they go back to silence. The commentary team will barely ever speak and no cutscenes are featured. I don't want to complain like I see a lot right now when I know the game is in early stages but I also want to know if anyone has come up with a solution or is experiencing these same issues because I really do not want to lose such a great feature like SimCast. Thanks guys!
Chelsea FC
Portland TrailBlazers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SimCast Struggles

Yep, just tried SimCast for the first time this year and experienced exactly this. Also of note, every single player in the game was absolutely exhausted (this was the 4th quarter for what it's worth). On-court players from both teams (45-ish energy) and bench players from both teams (65-ish). Everybody.

I really don't want to be too negative, but there are lot of things I'm finding in this game where I can't help but wonder if it was even tested...like one time even. Some things are so obviously broken that a single test by a single user is all it takes so show how obviously wrong it is.

Last edited by joosegoose; 09-19-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yep made a thread on this yesterday - it's completely broken. C's are playing at SF and are completely dead too. I like the gameplay but I can't play this at all until a patch, don't think I'll get the game at launch again tbh not worth it.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Played one quick play game and could not find the SimCast in the pause menu in game. Is it gone from in game and only available pre game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »